We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cusco to Urubamba and Inca Trail Hike

Oxon Hill, Maryland
Level Contributor
247 posts
388 reviews
Cusco to Urubamba and Inca Trail Hike

From reading various posts on this forum, it seems that Cusco is an hour away from Urubamba. I really would love to stay at K'uychi Rumi, but now am rethinking it because of logistics.

We have booked a reservation for the 4-day Inca Trail hike through <a href="http://www.andeanlife.com/">Andean LIfe</a>. The price includes collection from hotel the morning of trek departure, however, the information doesn't state whether these are only hotels from Cusco.

Has anyone had any experience staying in K'uychi Rumi and hiking the Inca Trail with Andean Life Tour Operators? How did the logistics work out?

Or, do you think it's better for us to just stay at K'uychi Rumi <i>after</a> we get back from the Inca Trail hike? We're spending Christmas in Cusco anyway.

Also, is this a logical (efficient) itinerary?

Lima to Cusco to Machu Picchu to Cusco to Urubamba to Lake Titicaca?

Thanks for your reply!

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,958 posts
538 reviews
1. Re: Cusco to Urubamba and Inca Trail Hike

I´d rather suggest you go to the Sacred Valley as soon as you arrive to Cusco, for better aclimatization. Then do the Inca trail and after go to Cusco City. By then, you will be perfectly aclimatized and will enjoy yr whole trip.

I am sure Andean Life can pick you up from the KR. The 4 day trail starts at KM 84 of the Peru Rail rain track and you can catch the train in Ollantaytambo or if the tour company takes you by bus, they have to go right by the KR as it is located right by the road.

I am sure Claudia who manages the KR will happily do the necessary arrangements for this to happen.

Just contact her at www.urubamba.com or by mail to info@urubamba.com

Oxon Hill, Maryland
Level Contributor
247 posts
388 reviews
2. Re: Cusco to Urubamba and Inca Trail Hike

Thanks, Xochitl!

The way our plans are shaping up right now, it might be Lima to Cusco (for one night, so we can settle up our Macchu Picchu trip balance) then Urubamba, then the Inca Trail.

I am happy to report that I received a quick response from Rodrigo from KR, which makes me really excited about visiting the Sacred Valley.

Cusco
2 posts
3. Re: Cusco to Urubamba and Inca Trail Hike

Hi All,

About the Inca Trail, I want to inform your there is a website with disponibilities and reservation online. I think it's the only one to give this.

Also, they have great prices.

Take a look at: www.camino-inca.com

Regards.

Erick The Trekker

4. Re: Cusco to Urubamba and Inca Trail Hike

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, August 27, 2009