We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuychi Rumi

Which Urubamba hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Auberry, California
Level Contributor
156 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Kuychi Rumi

How far in advance should we make a reservation? We wil be there in May 2007.

New Orleans
Level Contributor
678 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Kuychi Rumi

The web site is www.urubamba.com. I'll be there in a few days and I am sure it will be as wonderful as everyone says it is.

Sugar Land, Texas
Level Contributor
784 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Kuychi Rumi

Nola, you're right, and you're so lucky to stay there !

We came back 10 days ago, stayed a total of 3 nights at the KR, and the real thing is even more beautiful than shown on the webpage.

They also have two beautiful, big dogs that greet you at night when you come back. Don't be scared - they both love to be petted.

Claudia has been very helpful in arranging lots of things like train tickets from Urubamba to MP, plane tickets from Cusco to Lima and of course the taxi. The driver's name is Jorge, and he's very reliable, always there ahead of time. Very friendly, too, but he doesn't speak English.

During our 2 days at MP, we left our luggage at KR and then spent one last night there. Jorge took us to Cusco the next morning. Much more interesting than to drive to Cusco in the dark.

Nola, if I remember correctly, you also stay at Casa Andina San Blas. You'll like it ! Very friendly, the area is nice and central - we walked back and forth sometimes 2-3 times a day -, but quiet.

Enjoy your trip !

western australia
Level Contributor
653 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Kuychi Rumi

Hi Heathermoor, this is the link that I have used

http://www.urubamba.com/

New Orleans
Level Contributor
678 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Kuychi Rumi

Bayoute, it almost sounds like we will be following in your footsteps! We'll be at KR two nights, at Casa San Blas 3 nights. Where did you stay in Aguas Calientes? (We'll be at Rupa Wasi for two nights). Saludos!

Sugar Land, Texas
Level Contributor
784 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Kuychi Rumi

Nola,

I knew someone would ask some day ... so I have to admit that after lots of hesitations for obvious reasons, we stayed at the Sanctuary Lodge. It's outrageously overpriced, but my husband declared it an early birthday present for me, so I couldn't say no.

No regrets, though, because absolutely everything (meals, wine, pisco sour, etc.) was included in the package and the service was outstanding, so I guess it's the "once in a lifetime" thing.

Don't know if you also plan to stay a little in Lima which we liked a lot. We stayed at SecondhomePeru (www.secondhomeperu.com) in Barranco, and it is fantastic !

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,147 posts
473 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Kuychi Rumi

Their web site is : www.urubamba.com

Their e-mail : info@urubamba.com

Phone : 5184-201169

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
162 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Kuychi Rumi

Here's their website adddress.

http://www.urubamba.com

When you get there you'll see a section that says "Contact Us'.

Or, their email address is: info@urubamba.com

I did almost all my planning with them via email. Sometimes it took several days to get a response. It depends on how busy they are.

Have a great time.

New Orleans
Level Contributor
678 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Kuychi Rumi

Hi Bayoute,

What a nice birthday gift! I'm sure the spurge made Machu Picchu even more special. Weare only going to be in Lima for a few hours and have a room for the day at Hostal El Patio ($20!) but thanks for the advice about Second Home Peru--it looks so beautiful and peaceful.

A few more days and we're off. I'll report back.

19. Re: Kuychi Rumi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, August 17, 2009