We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cusco to Urubamba

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Cusco to Urubamba

Has anyone done this trip recently? Just wondered how much to negotiate to pay taxi from airport to sacred Valley?

Cusco, Peru
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cusco to Urubamba

There are taxi buses (for about 10 persons) leaving from the city of Cusco to urubamba. You pay 6 soles (2 USD) per person for that. If you want to have your own taxi it is about 20 USD and they leave from certain points in and around the city centre. But from the airport it will certainly be a bit more expensive. Don't know exactly, but guessing around $ 30 - 35 USD.

Mentioned in this post
Cusco
Cusco
Cusco Region, Peru
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
22 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cusco to Urubamba

We arrived in Urubamba yesterday. When you enter the airport, you'll see booths where you can book a taxi. We paid 100 soles, which seemed fair since it was 50 soles with Taxi Green from Lima airport to Miraflores, and this trip is more than twice as long. I timed it at one hour and twenty minutes to our hotel in Urubamba (Tambo del Inka).

Mentioned in this post
Lima
Lima
Lima Region, Peru
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
22 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cusco to Urubamba

We arrived in Urubamba yesterday. When you enter the airport, you'll see booths where you can book a taxi. We paid 100 soles, which seemed fair since it was 50 soles with Taxi Green from Lima airport to Miraflores, and this trip is more than twice as long. I timed it at one hour and twenty minutes to our hotel in Urubamba (Tambo del Inka).

Mentioned in this post
Lima
Lima
Lima Region, Peru
Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
901 posts
997 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cusco to Urubamba

I've got a family of 5, and we'll need transport from the Cusco airport to Urubamba. Ideally, I'd like to pre-book the trip with a reliable driver (and then maybe also use him for tours in the Sacred Valley). One company has quoted me $80 for the ride. That seems high. Shouldn't this trip be under $50? Can anyone offer any recommendations? I guess the major limitation is that I need somebody with a van, and not just a regular sedan.

Edited: 8:36 pm, July 09, 2014
Mentioned in this post
Cusco
Cusco
Cusco Region, Peru
Sacred Valley
Sacred Valley
Cusco Region, Peru
Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,660 posts
516 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cusco to Urubamba

Contact sacredtransport@gmail.com

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
901 posts
997 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cusco to Urubamba

Thanks. Any other options?

Michigan
Destination Expert
for Peru
Level Contributor
5,451 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cusco to Urubamba

#5 Why do I see that recommendation everywhere?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
16,783 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cusco to Urubamba

We booked ours through our hotel in Ollantaytambo. But we had a regular sedan for just two people so it was I think about $50. That included airport pick up and transport to our hotel with no stops. So $80 does not seem that high to me. I think you're debating about $20-$40 at most.

Mentioned in this post
Ollantaytambo
Ollantaytambo
Sacred Valley, Peru
9. Re: Cusco to Urubamba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:41 am, August 08, 2014
10. Re: Cusco to Urubamba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, August 01, 2015