We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

laundry services

Somerville, MA
Level Contributor
32 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
laundry services

Hello, Will be in Urubamba for 4 nights about 1/2 way through a 2 week trip in Peru and wonder if there are drop off laundry services in town. Imagine it will be really expensive to go through hotel. thanks

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,627 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: laundry services

You will find laundry at Urubamba town, right nearvthe Plaza Armas.

Its quite cheap

Houston
Level Contributor
785 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: laundry services

For us, the times we were interested in laundry service from the hotel resulted in:

1.) (Moquegua) Laundry would hang dry on the roof after handwashing. Not a problem except that we were moving on sooner than jeans could dry

2.) (Cuzco) The price was minimal. Seriously.

Before venturing off to find this place that is recommended by Xochitl, go ahead an ask at the hotel. It might be well worth it to save a few steps.

Little Canfield...
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
362 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: laundry services

Not all hotels are expensive so it is worth asking. We had some laundry washed and dried at Apu Lodge, Ollantaytambo for 5 soles per kilo.....a bargain!

Somerville, MA
Level Contributor
32 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: laundry services

Thanks for the replies. Staying at Tambo del Inka and just assuming that they would be expensive- but will check it out. Thanks...

Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: laundry services

Are dryers/irons commonly used in laundry service? I have some wool trekking items that I wouldn't want put into the dryer, if they use dryers I'll just hand wash those items myself.

thanks!

Ubud, Indonesia
Level Contributor
61 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: laundry services

We found even in hotels laundry was cheap as, beautifully ironed and folded, however good items of clothing I would hold and wash myself. There is a tendancy for whites to go grey because of the water quality.

7. Re: laundry services

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 18, 2013