We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuychi Rumo - is it isolated ?

usa
Level Contributor
37 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Kuychi Rumo - is it isolated ?

Hi, i've seen all the fantastic reviews for KR and if 100+ people are giving it 5 starts, then it must be fabulous,...but wanted to know from anyone who has been there,

Is it just a base to sleep in or is there anything to do around the grounds etc ?

While we aren't into partying all night, i also don't want to just come back and lock ourselves in the room all night.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Kuychi Rumo - is it isolated ?

My wife and I stayed there for two nights last month. We loved the place and the grounds were beautiful. There is not anything to speak of to do in Urubamba at night and it is a cab ride down the road a couple of miles. This was fine with us as we were exhausted from sightseeing both days. Did have a great bottle of wine we bought from the owner and had nice conversation with another couple one evening. The people are so nice and we had a driver take us to eat at a nice little restauarant in town and then to Pablo Semanario's ceramics studio. This was open at 8:00 pm if I remember correctly. Bottom line....if you want to have a glass of wine and relax on the grounds it is a lovely place to stay, but definitely not for the party crowd. The stars were absolutely gorgeous at night, the best I have ever seen.

Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
Level Contributor
6,183 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kuychi Rumo - is it isolated ?

You have a whole (small) house to yourselves. We spent some time in the afternoon sitting on our trellised patio watching the hummingbirds on the grounds. In the evenings, Claudia sent someone to light a fire (of eucalyptus branches!) for us to enjoy in the living room, if we wanted.

The Kuychi Rumi was a great, relaxing place to stay, especially when you are tired from your travels & also with your body adjusting to the altitude.

There is a communal gathering area in the gardens, where you might meet with others, but we mostly stayed in.

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
420 posts
323 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kuychi Rumo - is it isolated ?

We spent 3 night there in July. KR is far enough away from town to enjoy some tranquility, but close enough for a 5 minute taxi ride into town for dinner. There's not much else to do in town, but as you mentioned it does serve as a convenient base for seeing Pisac, Ollantaytambo, Salinas and Moray.

After a long day of touring we appreciated a quiet place to unwind with a book in front of the fireplace.

usa
Level Contributor
37 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kuychi Rumo - is it isolated ?

Thanks for the responses...we have decided to stay at la Quinta Patawasi B&B. Reviews look great & is a lot cheaper than KR.

thanks all the same for feedback

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
430 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kuychi Rumo - is it isolated ?

Thanks for the alternative suggestion. KR wants $360 for my family to stay per night! That's down from their initial request of $440 per night!! I'm traveling with 3 kids and the price just doesn't seem to make sense to me. Guess I'm looking into the B&B!

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,678 posts
516 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kuychi Rumo - is it isolated ?

I do not understand yr statement for the cost.

On their web page it says S/. 600 for 4 people and S/. 100 for an extra bed. So it means a total of S/. 700 and at an exchange rate of 2.95 today it is US$ 237.

From where do you get the charge of US$ 360 and US$ 440 ?

I think you have misinterpreted something somewhere.

Unless , you are hiring some extra services.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
430 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kuychi Rumo - is it isolated ?

I can forward you the emails - no misunderstanding here. He says that these are his 2009 prices - he actually quoted me $440 originally(!) not including service charge or anything else whatsoever. I was an easy sell based on tripadvisor reviews but unfortunately I don't have deep pockets....

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,678 posts
516 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kuychi Rumo - is it isolated ?

Yes my friend, but you are booking for 6 people, not 4 as I understood before.

I also uderstad you have been quoted $360 which divided by 6 makes it $60 per person, which is not bad at all, specially if you compare it with similar category hotels.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
430 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kuychi Rumo - is it isolated ?

I'm sure it's lovely but very pricey for a family. 3 of these 6 people are children and even though I asked, there are no child rates. Plus I'm still confused - everyone gets a house and some people pay for 2 people to stay in it while others pay for 6 - sounds like a deal for couples but not very accommodating for those with children. I'm sure I'll find what I'm looking for - it's just not at KR.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,678 posts
516 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kuychi Rumo - is it isolated ?

I am sure you will be able to find other places at the rates you are looking for.

Try one of the B&Bs recommended at tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g294321-c2-Urubamba_S…

Just for your information, the houses at the KR are 2 bedroom with 2 bathrooms. If only 1 or 2 people occupy the house,they are charged for 2 people, minimum. Usually they only use one of the bedrooms.

If 3 or more people occupy the house, they are charged extra per person and more beds are made available in the rooms. Charges apply for extra beds, which are lower than the charge for the 2nd room.

They never rent the same house to different passengers that have not made reservations together.

Its just that you have the extras a house offers you instead of just a room at a hotel.