We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cell Phones In The Sacred Valley and Cusco

Which Urubamba hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hartford, CT
Level Contributor
30 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Cell Phones In The Sacred Valley and Cusco

I was hoping that my son and I could use our cellphones in case we get separated. They are a nice way to locate someone.

Does anyone know if cellphones set on roam will work in Cusco or the Sacred Valley? I called my provider today and my cellphone was set up to work in Peru but the only city they guarantee it will work in is Lima.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,221 posts
473 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cell Phones In The Sacred Valley and Cusco

In the SV and Cusco you get good signal for yr cell phones, but it will depend on yr line provider.

Here we have Telefonica, Nextel and Claro.

If yr phone will work in Lima, it will work in Cusco.

Maybe in some SV areas, because of the mountains, it will not have a good signal.

Southern California
Level Contributor
998 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cell Phones In The Sacred Valley and Cusco

When I visited Machu Picchu there was an incredibly annoying man walking around talking loudly on his cell phone. I felt sorry for him that he was in a beautiful spot but didn't notice any of it. It was also selfish and rude of him to ruin other people's experience of the ruins.

So yes they work there if you have an international phone with international roaming. However, please be considerate of other visitors at the site.

Hartford, CT
Level Contributor
30 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cell Phones In The Sacred Valley and Cusco

RBCal,

What?????????

new york
Level Contributor
173 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cell Phones In The Sacred Valley and Cusco

I got a good signal all over cusco, pisac ruins, puno with not problems. I have at&t.

5. Re: Cell Phones In The Sacred Valley and Cusco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, September 12, 2009