We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confused about MP train from Urubamba - Xochitl, please help

Which Urubamba hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Las Vegas & New...
Level Contributor
48 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Confused about MP train from Urubamba - Xochitl, please help

I've asked about this before, but it seems that my friend is interpreting Xochitl's answer to me about this differently. Xochitl wrote that the Machu Picchu train company has not renewed its license with PeruRail to operate the train from Urubamba to MP. However, Peru Rail still has it listed on its schedule. My interpretation is that one CANNOT take the train to MP from Urubamba. My friend thinks we can, because it's still listed on PeruRail.

Since our trip is drawing very close, we must finalize our reservations and arrangements, and can't do that until we understand what the real situation is there.

Thanks!!

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,147 posts
473 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Confused about MP train from Urubamba - Xochitl, please help

The train station in Urubamba is owned by the Machu Picchu train, which is no longer operating.

You can take the train from ollantaytambo instead, which departs at 7:05 am.

2. Re: Confused about MP train from Urubamba - Xochitl, please help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 am, August 17, 2009