We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long to do Pisac and best route?

Which Pisac hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Takoma Park...
Level Contributor
165 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
How long to do Pisac and best route?

We would like to do Pisac and be back at the Ollanta train station by our 13:37 afternoon train.

We are staying in Ollanta (I suppose we could stay in Pisac the night before but there don't seem to be great hotels there)

Is this reasonable?

7:30 am depart Ollanta with all luggage in a taxi we hire for the morning.

8:30 am arrive at Pisac ruins. Walk through ruins

10:00 am begin descent down

12:00 meet taxi in Pisac

1:00 Arrive in Ollanta train station

And what's the most senic way down from the ruins? I've hear there are multiple paths.

Thanks in advance.

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
3,884 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How long to do Pisac and best route?

Leave your bags in Ollantaytambo wherever you are staying. Even after checking out they will hang onto your bags for you.

Its about an hour or so from Ollantaytambo to Pisac but the ruins are another 10-15 minutes up from the town so I would plan for at least an hour and a half of travel time to the ruins.

When we were there the paths were not very well signed if they were signed at all and it was super confusing as to which way to go. Make sure you dont cut your time too close and miss your train.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How long to do Pisac and best route?

If your schedule is this tight I think you may want to stay in Pisac or even Cusco and not Ollantaytambo. If you look at a map you will see Pisac is actually easterly of Cusco (the opposite way of Ollantaytambo).

I didn't find it that hard to follow the path down to the village. The collection of ruins right near the top won't take a full hour.

If you do stay in Ollantaytambo don't bother with bringing your luggage. Hotels are happy to store it for you.

3. Re: How long to do Pisac and best route?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, February 18, 2015