We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pisac Ruins Questions

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
68 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Pisac Ruins Questions

Hi, I've read different versions of what time the pisac ruins closes - is it 6pm or 3pm (or something else)? Also, can we buy the bolesto turisto at the ruins? We won't have a chance to buy at cuzco as we'll be coming straight to pisac once we land in cuzco. Appreciate the advice!

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,627 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pisac Ruins Questions

Its 6 pm and yes, you can buy the boleto turistico upon entrance to the Pisac ruins.

Careful with the altitude as it will affect you since you are just arriving from Lma.

Bedford
Level Contributor
268 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pisac Ruins Questions

The Pisac ruins were a wonderful surprise.....they were a lot more than I had expected. It might be a good idea to hire a guide for a tour as well as the market. The ruins were a lot further away from the market than we thought....you will need transportation. Enjoy...

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
476 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pisac Ruins Questions

If you want to save your legs, take a taxi up and then the trail down. you can take the taxi up and back but I think you'll miss some of the ruins.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
68 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pisac Ruins Questions

Thank you for all your advice. Yes, will take note of the altitude issue. Once again, many thanks!

Chapel Hill, NC
Level Contributor
15 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pisac Ruins Questions

I visited the Pisac ruins on a day trip from Cuzco. Keep in mind that theres two sections to the ruins and the area is quite hilly. Very nice site by the way, almost looks like a ruined castle.

6. Re: Pisac Ruins Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, October 18, 2009