We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local Tour Company at Ollantaytambo or Sacred Valley

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Local Tour Company at Ollantaytambo or Sacred Valley

We plan to stay at Ollantaytambo for 2 nights and plan to do a day trip to Moras, Maray and Chinchero. We are hoping to look for local tour company so that we could join group tour or shared service as this will be more economics. However, it seems like I have trouble in finding tour company based in Ollantaytambo or Sacred Valley and most of them are based in Cusco

Mentioned in this post
Ollantaytambo
Ollantaytambo
Sacred Valley, Peru
Sacred Valley
Sacred Valley
Cusco Region, Peru
Cusco
Cusco
Cusco Region, Peru
california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Local Tour Company at Ollantaytambo or Sacred Valley

Most hotels can set up tours for you although depending on where you stay it may be pricey.

If you go to leaplocal.org there is some info about getting to Moray etc using local guides and taxis in combination with public transportation

http://www.leaplocal.org/search/?q=moray

There is good info on taxi tour prices on the KB Tambo website, they can set up drivers for you. They offer other types of tours.

http://kbperu.com/more-info/transportation/

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
16,886 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Local Tour Company at Ollantaytambo or Sacred Valley

Our hotel in ollantaytambo arranged a taxi for us for the day for not that much more than the cost of two spots on a group tour. And all the group tours did seen to leave from cusco

Mentioned in this post
Ollantaytambo
Ollantaytambo
Sacred Valley, Peru
Houston
Level Contributor
12 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Local Tour Company at Ollantaytambo or Sacred Valley

I cannot make up my mind which tour company to use. I got a quotation for transport only (full day) from KB which is very reasonable.

And two almost similar quote from David and Carmela (with guide), but i cannot seem to find a lot of reviews for both (or a website). Does anyone have experiences using David or Carmela and if you would be so kind to share them?

Siam Reap
Level Contributor
4 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Local Tour Company at Ollantaytambo or Sacred Valley

Here in Ollantaytambo some sites are very close-so you can go yourself. But yesterday i made a best trekking in my life, during a full moon. It was a special day for inka culture (every full moon) and i was guided by local shaman Eldar Nunez. It was something special, we took a taxi and went to sacred place Pumamarka, he was making a ceremony, showed us san pedro cactus and we were walking back to Ollanta half day and a bit in the night, i saw a moon rise and we were climbing Inka fortress in the moon light. It was amazing.

Eldar is guide and a Full Moon Lodge owner. Contact him, he is a master in mystical tours, they have a web site of the hotel in the internet. I still under great impression.

Mentioned in this post
Ollantaytambo
Ollantaytambo
Sacred Valley, Peru
Full Moon Lodge
Full Moon Lodge
43 Reviews
Ollantaytambo, Peru
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Local Tour Company at Ollantaytambo or Sacred Valley

When are you going to be there? We are also considering doing the same thing and will be there around 20-21 November. If you are there then perhaps we could team up?

6. Re: Local Tour Company at Ollantaytambo or Sacred Valley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 22, 2014