We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ollantaytambo to Cusco private transfer

Daly City, CA 94015
Level Contributor
36 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Ollantaytambo to Cusco private transfer

Hi Joaquin, we have 2 people & need the private transportation from Ollantaytambo to Cuzco. My friend & I going to stay at El Albergue. Please kindly advice if we need to book it in advance & the cost of it. Thanks!

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Ollantaytambo to Cusco private transfer

Don't worry about safety leaving from Ollantaytambo. You will be able to tell which taxis are the nice ones, the white minivans are good choice. At El Albergue you can just go outside and arrange one outside the station.

There are some people on this forum that have a financial interest in making you think that taxis are all out to rob from you. Just use common sense and stick with a more mature driver in a nice looking car, or ask a hotel employee to help you with hiring a taxi.

When I was at El Albergue they actually put five of their guests together for a tour/transfer and we wound up paying $15 each including stops at Moray, Chinchero and Salineras, So I suggest not booking this ahead of time but wait til you are in Ollantaytambo and get a feel for your options.

Edited: 1:47 pm, January 19, 2012
illinois
Level Contributor
561 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Ollantaytambo to Cusco private transfer

After reading the prior forum it sounded like you could also taxi from the airport. We are not keen on spending up to $60 for a one way trip. What is a fair price rom the airport? Also can you get a collectiveo or some goup van from the airport to Olan? Where are they if they exist there- Thanks for any info.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Ollantaytambo to Cusco private transfer

With all of your luggage I would not take a collectivo but you should easily find a taxi from the airport for about half the going hotel rate, see above. Part of the reason you pay more for a hotel pickup is that it i s basically a round trip, also they will be waiting if your flight is delayed..

Edited: 5:18 pm, January 30, 2012
illinois
Level Contributor
561 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Ollantaytambo to Cusco private transfer

Thank you MIJB for the info.This should be oir big 2013 trip (bucket list!). Now we only have to worry about something happening to AA miles in the meantime. We were planning to use off season Business Class for the first time. It will be interesting to be om an Incan City where they actually beat the Spanish.

15. Re: Ollantaytambo to Cusco private transfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, March 04, 2013