We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a place to store baggage in Ollantaytambo?

Which Ollantaytambo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Darien
Level Contributor
143 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Is there a place to store baggage in Ollantaytambo?

We're headed to the Sacred Valley next month and are planning our itinerary. One option is to travel to Ollanta, stay one night there and take the train to AC/MP the next morning. That way we could leave our bags at the hotel while we tour Ollanta. The second option is to tour Ollanta and take a late afternoon/early evening train to AC. That would allow us to try for Huayna Picchu passes. But, that leaves the question of what do we do with our bags while we tour Ollanta. Also, we are a family of five. Are there minivan taxis that we could take between Cusco and Pisac and Ollanta that would hold all of us at a reasonable price?

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there a place to store baggage in Ollantaytambo?

Most hotels / hostals will store your bags for you while you head off to Machu Picchu so it shouldnt be a problem for just an afternoon while you see Ollantaytambo.

We saw many station wagon style taxis that could easily hold 5 people.

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
142 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there a place to store baggage in Ollantaytambo?

Dear kjk1Nyc,

We have a storage service in the Ollantaytambo Train Station, store your luggage for free! Just leave your personal belongings with the staff and they give you a ticket that you have to safe to claim it when you return from Machu Picchu.

Hope you enjoy your trip to the max!

Regards,

Darien
Level Contributor
143 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there a place to store baggage in Ollantaytambo?

Thanks for the helpful replies. Both are good possibilities for bags that we don't want to bring to Machu Picchu. What I am more interested in, however, is a different situation. Is it possible to arrive in Ollantaytambo by bus or taxi at 11:00 a.m., leave our bags at the station while we go to the ruins and town, and then pick up our bags later the same day to bring with us on the train to Aguas Caliente?

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
705 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there a place to store baggage in Ollantaytambo?

Why wouldn't the storage suggested by PeruRail be good for your situation?

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
3,908 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is there a place to store baggage in Ollantaytambo?

If Peru Rail can hold your luggage until you return from Machu Picchu they can also hold it while you are in Ollanta.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is there a place to store baggage in Ollantaytambo?

What FalcoG said.

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
142 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Is there a place to store baggage in Ollantaytambo?

Dear kjk1Nyc,

No problem! You can store your baggage in the Ollantaytambo station while you do the tour for Sacred Valley. You just show your ticket at the station to keep your baggage.

Regards and good trip,

Darien
Level Contributor
143 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is there a place to store baggage in Ollantaytambo?

Thank you all for clearing that up. While I understood I could leave the bags while I took the train to MP, I wasn't sure until now, that I could leave the bags temporarily before taking the train. That will make things easier and give us more itinerary options.

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
3,908 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is there a place to store baggage in Ollantaytambo?

One less thing to worry about and enjoy your trip!

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
190 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is there a place to store baggage in Ollantaytambo?

Hi,

We are hoping to go from Ollan to AC (stay 1 night there) then the next day get the train back to Cusco. What would be our options for luggage doing this?

Thanks.