We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ollanta or Aguas Calientes for Machu Picchu Viewing

Which Ollantaytambo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
64 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Ollanta or Aguas Calientes for Machu Picchu Viewing

Hi all,

We are planning to visit Peru in May. We will be flying into Cusco and spending a couple of nights in Ollanta as it sounds wonderful. Our original plan was to spend a couple nights in Ollanta, and then head to Aguas Calientes to spend a night before heading to Machu Picchu bright and early. But I have seen on this forum that plenty of people head to Machu Picchu directly from Ollanta. Which town is closer? And can we arrive in MP earlier if we leave from Aguas as opposed to Ollanta? I would definitely appreciate advice on if we should stay in Aguas or not...either for convenience or if it is a town not to be missed. Thanks in advance!

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Ollanta or Aguas Calientes for Machu Picchu Viewing

I dont know if there were hours of operation but Im sure there must be. We had the Boleto Turistico which I beleive included Moray but not Maras. The admission wasnt very much.

Edited: 7:23 pm, March 04, 2011
12. Re: Ollanta or Aguas Calientes for Machu Picchu Viewing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, October 24, 2012