We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inca Trail Operators?

Aussie in London
4 posts
Inca Trail Operators?

Hi,

I'm looking at doing the Inca Trail in March next year and was wondering if anyone could help me in finding a company to go with. There seem to be so many out there I just don't know which one to go for. Is there any you would particularly recommend to go with or avoid?

Thanks!

DUBLIN
Level Contributor
16 posts
14 reviews
11. Re: Inca Trail Operators?

HI,

I did the inca trail with SAS in October this year and they were simply brillant. Superb food, guides and organisation. Just excellent.

Cusco
2 posts
12. Re: Inca Trail Operators?

Hi all,

I would like to inform you that there is a new website to see availability in real time and permits to book on-line, it's: www.inca-trail.com.pe

Have a nice Trek...

Toronto
4 posts
13. Re: Inca Trail Operators?

Just to mix things up a bit, I'll briefly say I had a good experience with All Trek Tour Operator. Good guide, fine campsites, great food, no problem with the tent. Only problem is on my trip at one point they didn't boil water long enough (hard to do at altitude). I'd recommend purifying water on your own

California
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
14. Re: Inca Trail Operators?

See the email I just posted. I loved SAS Travel

Yorktown, Virginia
Level Contributor
6,183 posts
15 reviews
15. Re: Inca Trail Operators?

We trekked with Llama Path last September & thought they were great. We didn't have problems with the water they boiled for us.

In other areas (Cusco, SV), we often purified tap water with a Steri-Pen, www.steripen.com , and never got sick. (It killed the germs in Puno, too, but not the taste- it still tasted like nasty, algae-laden lake water, so we ended up buying water.)

16. Re: Inca Trail Operators?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 am, June 27, 2010
LSC
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
118 posts
64 reviews
17. Re: Inca Trail Operators?

Just returned from a 3 week trip to Peru. We used Q'ente for the Inca Trail and thought they were great! Can't say enough good, would highly recommend. Our guide, was Miguel Paredes, a great guy. Feel free to contact me if you have questions.

Laurie

DC
2 posts
1 review
18. Re: Inca Trail Operators?

How about Inca trail tours and Inca Natura? Anything about them?

Yorktown, Virginia
Level Contributor
6,183 posts
15 reviews
19. Re: Inca Trail Operators?

Have not heard of the first one. Catchy name, though.

I've heard of Inka Natura, but know nothing about the quality or cost of their service.

Zurich
1 post
20. Re: Inca Trail Operators?

I definitely recommend a small operator called Apus Peru.

I did the 4 days classic Inka Trail with them in November 2009. They are not the cheapest operator but the sevice they provide is worth every cent.

They treat their porters very well and paid them slightly better than the most of the other operators. The service was very personal and professional.

It exceeded all our expectations by far. We enjoyed excellent food during the treck, knowledge and professional care of our Guide. In addition they are one of the few companies supporting the local communities, they pay the salary of teacher in one of the Andean villages around Cuzco.

Ariana (Apus Peru owner) was very helpful and efficient in organizing our tour. The whole experience was absolutely unforgettable!