We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peurto Maldonado

Derbyshire, England
Level Contributor
6 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Peurto Maldonado

Hi,

I am ending my round the world tour with two weeks in March 2007. I would like to see some wildlife/jungle and do the Inca Trail.

Flights are booked to Lima then Cusco. I am then thinking of booking a flight to Peurto Maldonado to go on a lodge/tour. Can anyone recommend any tours/lodges in Peurto Maldonado (seen plenty on the internet but recommendations are always good).

Also, how cold is it in Peru at the middle to end of March. Will have sleeping bag, waterproofs etc but just wondering whether thermals will be needed (I have heard it does get very cold at night). Hoping to do the Inca Trail at the end of March which I understand is the end of the rainy season.

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks,

Lisa

Derbyshire, England
Level Contributor
6 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Peurto Maldonado

I meant to say I am ending my tour with two weeks in Peru in March 2007! Sorry about that.

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
162 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Peurto Maldonado

I spent 6 days in Manu with Pantiacolla tours (http://pantiacolla.com/) in August and loved Manu and Pantiacolla. If you have the time and money I highly recommend Manu as the way you get to see undisturbed jungle. We saw an amazing variety of monkeys, birds and insects...and that doesn't include the flora. We also say giant river otters and lots of caiman. It would be an incredible way to end a round the world tour.

R

Southern California
Level Contributor
998 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Peurto Maldonado

I stayed at Corto Maltes lodge and highly recommend it.

www.cortomaltes-amazonia.com/us/index.shtml

The three cabins on the riverfront are best. You can sit in a hammock on the porch and watch the river and wildlife. They also have a clay lick on their property for bird watching. The owner is French and the food is very good.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Peurto Maldonado

RBCal or whoever stayed at Corto Maltes -

i am thinking about staying at Corto Maltes for 4d/3n after checking out almost every lodging option in the area. their excursions fit my schedule and preference the best.

you mentioned they have parrots on their property. but on their program description, they also take guests to clay lick in the early morning on day 2. so is it a different location where there's bigger parrots congregation, or just the same place on their property? some tour operators call it "macaw clay licks"... is there THE macaw clay licks location? or there're several places like that and each tour company just take their guests to their own location?

is the day 3 morning activity fun? (www.cortomaltes-amazonia.com/us/sejour2.shtml) should i check to see if they offer any other excursions?

any information on Corto Maltes will be greatly appreciated!!

5. Re: Peurto Maldonado

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:21 am, August 22, 2009