We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2-day Machu Picchu hike - carrying clothes for next day??

Closter, New Jersey
Level Contributor
20 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
2-day Machu Picchu hike - carrying clothes for next day??

Hi! I'm off to Peru in two weeks and just got the news from our travel agent that my husband and I will have to carry our belongings for our night In Aguas Calientes. I'm a bit nervous about the day hike to begin with and now that we have to lug our clothes for the next day concerns me. Has anyone been in a similar situation??

We are staying in a nice hotel in Aguas Calientes and would like to have clean clothes for dinner but I don't see that happening!

california
Level Contributor
371 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2-day Machu Picchu hike - carrying clothes for next day??

How much does a change of clothes for you weigh? When I've wondered about how to pack for carrying something, I sometimes will test pack and then wear the pack around home for several hours to see if it gets too annoying or really is ok. Hopefully you can come up with a change that is not a burden. If not a full outfit at least the bits that will let you feel a little cleaner and refreshed when you swap them out.

2. Re: 2-day Machu Picchu hike - carrying clothes for next day??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, August 16, 2015