We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me!!! I want to buy tickets for Machu Picchu!!!!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
251 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Help me!!! I want to buy tickets for Machu Picchu!!!!

No matter how I tried I just couldn't buy tickets on the government site. Yes, I always used Spanish site and still no luck. I searched the forum and found the topic how to buy them.

Now I am totally confused! I read “Buying Machu Picchu tickets – Cuscocity” in the forum. The companies called Cuscocity and Pachatusantrek were mentioned in that forum. There are so many mixed reviews, good and bad. Some people could buy the Machu Picchu tickets without any problems and some had bad experiences. Some people even said “don’t buy any tickets from those two companies.”

Can anybody recommend a good trusted company that we can buy the tickets for Machu Picchu from the US?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
17,588 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me!!! I want to buy tickets for Machu Picchu!!!!

Book your hotel and then ask them

To buy the MP tickets for you.

Cuzco, Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
64 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me!!! I want to buy tickets for Machu Picchu!!!!

Once you get Cusco, go immediately to any tour company. they have already booked tickets to Machu Picchu. You will pay from 3 to 5 extra dollars for the ticket. Doesn't matter if the Peruvian government website runs out of tickets(apparently). The tour companies in Cusco always have tickets.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
251 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help me!!! I want to buy tickets for Machu Picchu!!!!

wes032 & Poul E,

Thank you for your reply.

OK, I will book a hotel in Cuzco and ask the hotel to get tickets for us.

I will go to Cuzco at the end of June and stay there for 2 days then head to Machu Picchu. I was wondering if I would wait to buy them until I arrive at Cuzco, tickets for Machu Picchu, especially for Huayna Picchu would be sold out. I thought it would be a good idea to obtain the tickets before I go there (while I am still in the States).

Again thank you! I will look for a hotel in Cuzco and go from there to plan the rest.

4. Re: Help me!!! I want to buy tickets for Machu Picchu!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:11 am, February 24, 2015
Cuzco, Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
64 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help me!!! I want to buy tickets for Machu Picchu!!!!

That is another story, If you want to climb Waynapicchu as wes032 says, better book for a Hotel, send them all your info, and they will buy the tickets for Machupicchu and Waynapicchu.

Waynapicchu mountain is climbed by 400 people everyday that is why the tickets run out fast, just in case if you can't get tickets to Waynapicchu mountain, get a ticket to climb Machupicchu mountain which is another and nice option.

Albrightsville
Level Contributor
61 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help me!!! I want to buy tickets for Machu Picchu!!!!

hey Pocono ------we live in long pond pa ------had same dilemma -------used KB Tambo hotel and tours --------nominal fee,quick, coherent responses and fast processing through pay pal ------we had our tickets in hand 24 hr after transaction -------see our review on trip advisor ------his website is kbperu.com -------you'll feel better having the wayna picchu tickets ahead of time ----------we'll be there for a 7/16 climb -------let me know about yours ---------------- Tom

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
251 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help me!!! I want to buy tickets for Machu Picchu!!!!

poconoprincess13/ Tom,

Thank you so much for your information. I haven't decided which hotel we are going to stay in Cuzco yet (2 days before Machu Picchu and 1 day after.) I will look into the site you have given me.

Thank you!

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
13 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help me!!! I want to buy tickets for Machu Picchu!!!!

You can book the ticket there in the Instituto de la cultura.

But if you are going in high season Its better to have them before.

If not you an find them with 2-3 days in advance with no problem or extra charge.

unpocodesur.com/cheapest-way-to-machu-picchu…

Edited: 1:33 am, April 03, 2014
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
139 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help me!!! I want to buy tickets for Machu Picchu!!!!

I was able to book tickets last month on the government site. I had to email their "help" department email on the website, and they replied, saying they had "fixed" something to make the transaction go through. If I'd had my hotel buy them for us, I would have paid a 50% premium on the tickets so I was happy to have it work out.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
251 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help me!!! I want to buy tickets for Machu Picchu!!!!

Valen C & wired2theworld,

Thank you very much for your information. You guys are very nice to let me know what to do.

Thank you!