We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far is the train station in Cusco to the airport?

Which Machu Picchu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wimberley, Texas
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
How far is the train station in Cusco to the airport?

Hello,

My husband and I are going to Peru late Nov. this year.

We will be taking the Vistadome from Aguas Calientes to Cusco after a stay at the Machu Pueblo hotel.

After we arrive in Cusco via train, we would like to go direct to Lima. Can you tell me how far it is from the Cusco train station to the inter-country airport?

Can you also tell me if it is worth staying one night in Cusco. In our short 10 day stay, we will be staying in Machu Picchu, Puerto Madonado and Urubamba. I'm not sure I want to add an additional hotel stay for just one night.

Thanks!

Illinois
Level Contributor
128 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far is the train station in Cusco to the airport?

The trains from Aguas Calientes to Cusco arrive in the evening, from 7:20pm to 9:30pm. In booking my trip, I did not see any flights from Cusco to Lima in the evening. Only morning and afternoon.

Here is the train information.

orient-express.com/web/…4_53409.jsp

You can look at flight schedules on Lan.com or Expedia.com also does bookings for Lan.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,221 posts
473 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How far is the train station in Cusco to the airport?

No night flights from Cusco airport.The last flight departs at 4 pm.

Of course Cusco city is worth at least a day. Many things to see, including Sacsayhuaman and the Korikancha temple.

Texas
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How far is the train station in Cusco to the airport?

We just got back from the area and offer the follwing.

Indeed you will have to stay in Cusco and I think you will find it worth the stay. It was a really neat city. The aiport is not that far from the Plaza De Armas and the cab ride is about 4 soles.

Keep in mind that you need to get to the Cuzco airport early for your flight. We were in the middle of tourist season and you may be at the end of it, but it truly did take two full hours to get through the lines to get to our gate for the plane. Great news is that the airport is very clean and inviting.

One note on the Pueblo Hotel. Make sure you ask for a room at the back of the inn. We heard numerous complaints from folks who stayed there about the incessant backup alarms from all the buses into the evening. We did not stay there and would have never thought about such. We did experience that in Lima the traffic never stops honking all night long. It does not hurt to ask.

4. Re: How far is the train station in Cusco to the airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, August 14, 2009