We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage storage while in MP

Which Machu Picchu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
socal
Level Contributor
955 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Luggage storage while in MP

Hi. I will have ALL of my luggage with me upon arrival AC .... I will be taking the Vistadome train from Ollayantambo.

After touring MP I will be taking the HB train to Cusco.

Is there a safe/secure and easy access location to store luggage?

socal
Level Contributor
955 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Luggage storage while in MP

Thank you Lyle. My hotel in Olly is not near the train station it's actually part of the train station! Ha! It's called El Alberque.

I'm not doing the typical cusco overnight, leave luggage for a couple of days while visiting MP and back to Cusco.

I will be in Cusco for one night and then elsewhere for 13 days before going to MP so I really need all of my belongings with me. But realize I can't take them for my one day in MP.

I'm feeling encouraged that this will work out just fine with my Ollayantambo hotel.

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
4,133 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Luggage storage while in MP

Sounds like a lot going on, hope all works out for you and you enjoy your time here in the Cusco region.

socal
Level Contributor
955 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Luggage storage while in MP

Thanks Lyle...it's all going to be lovely I'm sure. Actually I don't have that much going on, just not the typical 'tour' that a lot of people take. I will be at a healing retreat for a good portion of my time in Peru. So it's all arranged and I'm very much looking forward to it.

I just got an alert from kayak saying my airfare dropped by almost half though! Wish there was some way to get those funds back.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Luggage storage while in MP

Why don't you write to El Albergue and ask them what the best option is? I'd be willing to guess that this isn't the first time they've been asked this question by guests.

Edited: 12:46 pm, February 17, 2014
15. Re: Luggage storage while in MP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 19, 2015