We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking visit Machu Picchu

Which Machu Picchu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Ana, CA
3 posts
Save Topic
Booking visit Machu Picchu

Hi all,

My boyfriend and I are visiting Peru in June and staying in Cusco for 8 nights I wanted to know if anyone had any tips on how we should go about planning our trip to Machu Picchu. We'll be there during the Sun festival 6/20-6/28 and wanted to know if it'd be a good idea to book our trip to MP the day of the festival.. Also, I've read we have to book our tickets to MP in advance what website would you guys recommend and how far in advance should we book them?

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,289 posts
501 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking visit Machu Picchu

You can book directly via the Web page or use a travel agency

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
14,262 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking visit Machu Picchu

There are a lot of posts about booking through the website if you search the forum. In addition to using an agency, you can also ask your hotel to make the arrangements for you. They will be happy to book train and/or entrance tickets and many offer standard trip packages.

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
4,209 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking visit Machu Picchu

You will definitely want to book in advance, that is high season and being the winter solstice, lots of people will want to be in MP fore the sunrise.

4. Re: Booking visit Machu Picchu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 19, 2015