We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice Please!

Which Machu Picchu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melksham, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Topic
Advice Please!

Hello

I am trying to organise a trip for 6 of us to Peru in May 14. 3 of us would like to do a 4 day Inca Trail and 3 of us a 2 day trail. We are not bothered about arriving at the Sun Gate for Dawn and would prefer a later start on the last day. It would be perfect if we could arrange to be on trips that both use the same campsite on the last night so that all 6 of us could arrive at Machu Picchu together. We would like to then spend the rest of the day there before staying locally overnight and going back early next morning.

We would also like to use a company that provides personal porters to carry our kit.

Has anyone any experience of a company that could meet our needs?

I've looked at lots of websites but can't work out anything that seems to cover all that!

If it's not possible we will just have to accept it but, I'd never hear the end of it if we find out when we get there we could have had what we wanted but having booked something else it's too late!

I know I'm asking a lot but if you don't ask......

Many thanks for reading all that

D

Michigan
Destination Expert
for Peru
Level Contributor
5,313 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice Please!

Th 2 day Inca Trail is basically one day on the Inca Trail and spending the night in AC before going to MP the next day. No camping.

Melksham, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice Please!

Ahh, that would explain a lot!

Thanks

Edited: 7:18 pm, November 14, 2013
3. Re: Advice Please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 16, 2014