We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train reservations

Washington state
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Train reservations

I need to make train reservations for September. We will be leaving from Calca and returning the next day to Cusco. Do we take a taxi or bus to Ollantanaytambo and catch the train? The backpacker train will be fine. We don't need fancy, just reliable. Thanks.

Washington state
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train reservations

The train is to get to Machu Picchu.

Illinois
Level Contributor
128 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train reservations

Here is the website for the Cusco to Machu Picchu train.

orient-express.com/web/tper/tper_a2a_home.jsp

Although it shows the Ollantaytambo to MP route, when I emailed about it, they refered me to this website / e-mail instead for this route.

www.machupicchutrain.com/index_main.htm

Please try to make your reservation as soon as possible. I made reservations in February for my trip in March and already, 7 months in advance, the vistadome #1 was booked full and I had to get booked on the vistadome #2. (Cusco to MP route)

Illinois
Level Contributor
128 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train reservations

I'm sorry, I meant to say I made reservations in February for my trip in SEPTEMBER, and my preferred train was already fully booked.

Washington state
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train reservations

Thank you for the advice. I e-mailed a request to the site you posted.

5. Re: Train reservations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, August 16, 2009