This will likely be my only chance to see MP. I'm willing to spend money ($5K? $10K?), and it's just me. Here's what I'd like:
- not the usual touristy stuff
- prefer no tents/camping
- don't want anything too high risk in terms of getting robbed or anything
- can spend up to 1-2 weeks if that makes a difference
- want to see MP before the trains of people show up
- want ample time in MP - is a day enough?
- would like to see surrounding sights/sites if they are worth it
- willing to do some tough hiking - moderate is fine, some difficult (not death-defying) okay too
- would prefer the bulk of my gear to be carried by a service so I can focus on hiking and photos
- I'm an amateur photographer, so would like lots of opportunities to take pictures
I'm in okay shape (I bike and hike some locally), and I can get in better shape prior to the trip. I'd probably like to acclimate to the altitude by staying in a place or two on the way up if that makes sense?
Anyway, is this possible? If I need to spend more $ to get this, what is the right target? And what would you recommend in terms of outting this together, presumably a service?
Thanks in advance for any help!