We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Machu Picchu buying January 2014 tickets

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
5 helpful votes
Machu Picchu buying January 2014 tickets

I am trying to buy my Machu Picchu tickets for January 4, 2014. On the official website all the information regarding availability and pricing seems to stop on December 31, 2013.

Just wondering if somebody has an idea when will be possible to buy those tickets. I will try to buy them directly, if possible.

As I was booking local hotels and flights with a small Peruvian travel agency I was told to try to decide soon on my dates for Machu Picchu and hotels in the area as the first week of January is really very busy. On the other hand how would an agent buy tickets for Machu Picchu now, when the official price isn't even published?

Thanks

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
231 helpful votes
11. Re: Machu Picchu buying January 2014 tickets

What airlines are you on? That should be enough time, although I might want to get trip insurance if you are not booked all on one ticket. If you are one ticket, they will put you on the next available flight (although not necessarily the next flight). Trip insurance will help with expenses like hotels, or perhaps change fees and penalties (read the fine print).

If you absolutely must catch that flight back for work reasons, I would recommend going to Lima the day before.

Edited: 7:59 pm, November 11, 2013
Da Nang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
12. Re: Machu Picchu buying January 2014 tickets

I just got completely stressed out when I checked the site for tickets for January 3 and realized there were none available. Thankfully I found your post and I am much more relieved that others are encountering the same issue. I've booked everything except for the Machu Picchu tickets and thought my whole trip was ruined. As soon as anyone hears of them going on sale please notify us all on here if you would be so kind.

Thanks & good luck

Edited: 5:21 pm, November 19, 2013
San Francisco...
1 post
1 review
5 helpful votes
13. Re: Machu Picchu buying January 2014 tickets

hi there, i am getting march tickets and encountered the same thing. so are we to wait until jan 1 to get any tickets for 2014 dates? any help would be appreciated!

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
6 helpful votes
14. Re: Machu Picchu buying January 2014 tickets

Hi, I am also going to be in Machu Picchu that week. I know that I'm cutting it close but I have not booked the Lima Cuzco airfare because I want to make sure I can get MP tickets. I'm thinking about just using a tour so that I don't have to worry about this but they all acclimate in Cuzco instead of Sacred Valley where the altitude is better, I amp planning on seeing touring Cuzco after MP so that we are acclimated. No tours seem to do this. Since you said you finalized all your other details do you have any recommendations? Thank you and happy travels!

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
3,908 posts
120 reviews
128 helpful votes
15. Re: Machu Picchu buying January 2014 tickets

Just bought my Machu Picchu tour thru a travel agency for the first week of January, more expensive but thought better to be safe and not wait too long for it, also January usually is a low season month if you wish to wait.

The problem then would be that your airline tickets will get expensier....

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
51 posts
16. Re: Machu Picchu buying January 2014 tickets

ok guys! see you in Cusco and machupicchu. I'll be there from jan3-5. lets enjoy the January rain. After all, im from Philippines so im used to rain showers and thunderstorms.:)

Edited: 9:44 am, December 13, 2013
Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
6 helpful votes
17. Re: Machu Picchu buying January 2014 tickets

Would you mind sharing that travel agency you used? I will be in Lima first. Thanks!

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
51 posts
18. Re: Machu Picchu buying January 2014 tickets

no ill do it alone. I hate to go with groups. after all I willl be just a day in Machu Picchu. my hotel is in Cusco. I have read in some blogs you can easily hire a tour guide around(or shall I say random unauthorized trying hard guides) before the entrance of machu picchu.I might do that just in case i wont be in the mood to take "Selfie" photos. hehehehe!!!

Dnipropetrovsk...
Level Contributor
3 posts
27 reviews
41 helpful votes
19. Re: Machu Picchu buying January 2014 tickets

Site http://www.ticket-machupicchu.com says the tickets for 2014 will be available on Dec 23rd 2013

Feilding, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
5 helpful votes
20. Re: Machu Picchu buying January 2014 tickets

i going to work my way around cusco and try and get tickets once there, i've been on the official site and get nowhere so will arrive on the 31st and hope for the best im the eternal optomist:)