We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train ride options

Level Contributor
29 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Train ride options

I'll be visiting Peru / MP in mid-Aug, and am considering transport options from Cusco. I see there are 3 different lines of train travel on Perurail. If we're not on a strict $ budget, is the Hiram Bingham worth it for the extra $ over Vistadome? Is the tour that it comes with any good, or are we better off booking through a different tour operator?

Also, do you recommend training it in the night before and getting to MP first thing in the morning, or is it fine just taking the morning train from Cusco?

Appreciate any advise!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
16,384 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Train ride options

It was an airport pickup so probably cost a bit more than a hotel pickup since he had to wait at the terminal for us. I'm sure you could have found one a bit cheaper by shopping around or picking one up on the street.

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
5,041 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Train ride options

That makes sense, it is always a bit more from the airport.

Edited: 8:52 am, July 27, 2013
13. Re: Train ride options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 29, 2014
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now