We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peru Rail train tickets

Los Altos Hills, CA
Level Contributor
822 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Peru Rail train tickets

I just purchased our train tickets from Ollan to MP, and MP to Poroy on the Peru Rail website. On the confirmation page, it says that we must pick up our boarding passes at a train station or sales office. It then gave a short list.

My question is whether we can pick up the boarding passes at the Ollan train station? We plan to go straight to Ollan after arriving at Cusco, and would prefer not to have to stop in the Cusco sales office if possible.

Thanks for your help!

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Peru Rail train tickets

Yes, I assume the Ollantaytambo station is on the short list?

Also there is a PeruRail office in the Lima airport, if it is on the list maybe you can stop there before your flight to Cusco.

National Flights, 2nd floor, between Gates 14 and 13

Monday – Friday: 04:00h to 20:00h

Saturday, Sunday and Holidays: 04:00h to 20:00h

Edited: 9:47 pm, July 16, 2013
Los Altos Hills, CA
Level Contributor
822 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Peru Rail train tickets

No! Unfortunately Ollantaytambo is not on that short list. Here are the only ones that are listed.

Lima Centro Comercial Larcomar

Lima * Aeropuerto Internacional Jorge Chavez

Cusco Estación Wanchaq

Cusco Tienda Cusco Plaza

Cusco Aeropuerto Alejandro Astete

Puno Puno

We plan to go straight to Ollan after arriving at Cusco, and it would be most convenient if we can pick up the boarding passes at Ollan. But I guess if that's not possible, the airports in LIma or Cusco would be the next best choice.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
207 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Peru Rail train tickets

You can print the boarding tickets by your own at your home. No need to pick up at the station.

https://www.perurail.com/reprint_ticket.php

Los Altos Hills, CA
Level Contributor
822 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Peru Rail train tickets

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, the page won't let me select any tickets for re-printing. It says we must present our credit cards.

Does anyone know if it's possible to just get the boarding pass at a train station sales window, or must it be done at a specific window?

Everywhere
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Peru Rail train tickets

Does anyone have any updated information on purchasing/printing PeruRail Tickets?

We have not purchased yet as we do not have Verified by Visa status... Still trying to get our hotel to respond to see if they can assist, but are concerned as we will visit in 30 days...Does anyone have any updated information on 1) Can you purchase with a US CC NOT in the Verified by Visa program on PeruRail? 2) Can you print your own tickets directly after purchase?

Any updated insight is appreciated.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
15,508 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Peru Rail train tickets

Can't help with 1). I can tell you if you have your hotel buy them for you, one advantage is they will print and email the tickets for you.

7. Re: Peru Rail train tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 04, 2014