We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inca Trail - Sold Out

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Inca Trail - Sold Out

Hi All,

Pretty sure I know what the answer to this question will be - but, is there any possible way to get on the Inca Trail if all permits are gone? I am hiking the Inca w/ a friend this September and we already have our permits; one of our friends was behind the ball and just applied. Unfortunately, the trail booked very quickly and all spots are gone. There's no availability within a week of our booking so she can't do the 2day and meet up w/ us en route.

Is there any way to sneak her on the trail? Does the Salkantay intersect w/ the Inca at any points? I'd love for us to trek together, if at all possible...

Also open to any sneaky means of getting her on the 4 day Inca...

Cheers,

Claire

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,822 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inca Trail - Sold Out

I am afraid that as she doesn't have apermit there is no way for her to join you. Her only option is to travel up separately and meet you to explore MP itself.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,439 posts
505 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inca Trail - Sold Out

Not a chance !

Sorry.

Even is someone cancels, permits are issued with name and passport number, if they do not match, you do not enter the trail.

3. Re: Inca Trail - Sold Out

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 22, 2014