We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying Machu Pichhu tickets online

Potomac, Maryland
Level Contributor
77 posts
18 reviews
Buying Machu Pichhu tickets online

It seems that since August 2012 it is not possible to buy Machu Pichhu entrance tickets via the http://www.machupicchu.gob.pe/ anymore. Can someone give me the name of a travel agent or an online vendor that they may have used to pre-purchase tickets for Machu Picchu. Someone with you had a satisfactory experience (that is, you got your tickets for the date you reserved them), so that I can trust giving my credit card number. I only need the tickets and not a package. Thanks a lot.

Wilmington Delaware
Level Contributor
204 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: Buying Machu Pichhu tickets online

I used Cuscocity, see my response to you on the other post

Potomac, Maryland
Level Contributor
77 posts
18 reviews
2. Re: Buying Machu Pichhu tickets online

Thanks for the information.

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
594 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: Buying Machu Pichhu tickets online

I believe the credit card changing system is currently not in use. Hopefully in the future they will resume ticket sales online.

Potomac, Maryland
Level Contributor
77 posts
18 reviews
4. Re: Buying Machu Pichhu tickets online

Based on Tripadvisor member recommendations, I have just got my tickets for Machu Picchu through http://www.cuscocity.com/store/. Ed has been exceptional in the service he provided. From the time I completed the transaction online to the time I could print the tickets, it took 8 hours. So if the information on the application is complete, and the credit card has no flags, you can get the tickets pretty promptly. Not only did I get fast service, but Ed also called me at home to check if everything had worked, and it did. I could not have asked for more.

I am very happy to see that there is a viable option like Cuscocity.com who can help with tickets for Machu Picchu, now that it is not possible to get them directly from the government website.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
829 posts
75 reviews
5. Re: Buying Machu Pichhu tickets online

Sure these are valid?

Texas
Destination Expert
for Peru
Level Contributor
5,590 posts
35 reviews
6. Re: Buying Machu Pichhu tickets online

Someone in the Spanish forum reported that she was able to buy her tickets in the official website with a Verified by Visa credit card, she also posted in this forum: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294311-i818-k6271…

Hope more will be able to replicate her success!

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Buying Machu Pichhu tickets online

http://www.ticket-machupicchu.com I ve bought my ticket here..

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
8. Re: Buying Machu Pichhu tickets online

Apparently the official website is now working if you have the right Verified by Visa enabled credit card. No need to pay a travel agent commission if you are able to do so thru www.machupicchu.gob.pe

Napa, California
2 posts
1 review
9. Re: Buying Machu Pichhu tickets online

http://www.machupicchu.gob.pe/

This is the official website where you can buy tickets to Machu Picchu, including Huayna Picchu as of 3/23/13. I just bought tickets to Machu Picchu with montain on the firt day and the second day to Huaya Picchu at 7 am.

It worked fine when I used the website in Spanish. When I changed the language to English, my name and passport nunber didn't go through. If you are comfortable enough to go through reservation process in Spanish. Once you have the reservation code, you can pay with visa card and print tickets by clicking English language. See the link below for step by step instructions.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294318-c165226/Machu…

Napa, California
2 posts
1 review
10. Re: Buying Machu Pichhu tickets online

Another option is asking your hotel to book tickets on line in advance. My hotel charges 10% surcharge. If I couldn't get the tickets online myself today, I was planning to ask my hotel to do it for me. It may be worth and save you frustration.