We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Machu Picchu via Santa Teresa in March

Ostrava, Czech...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Machu Picchu via Santa Teresa in March

Hi :)

Do you think that is good idea to get to Aquas Calientes via Santa Teresa by bus (colectiovo) at the end of March? I heard some information about the poor condition of roads during the wet season.

Does anybody know the timetable of the frain from hydroelectric plant do Aquas Calientes?

Or is it better to go to Aquas Calientes by train from Ollaytamtambo?

Thank you! Lucie

Krakow, Poland
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Machu Picchu via Santa Teresa in March

Thx for help. Do you know if there is a direct bus/colectivo to hydroelectrica ? I've read that it is a bit faster.. Do you think it is a bad idea to walk from hydroelectrica to aquas calientes after the sunset ... ? We will get to hydroelectrica by 18:30-19:00...

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
7,321 posts
366 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Machu Picchu via Santa Teresa in March

That is very ambitious, especially in the rain season. Good luck but the back door to MP is really for people who have time. If you are ın a hurry take the traın at Ollantaybambo.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Machu Picchu via Santa Teresa in March

Hi,

I understand this is an old post but I want to check, would anyone know if the roads now are operational? I will be going middle of May and would like to try this route as well. I hope May is a good month for this.

Also, forgive me but I got some confusing information about the bus that I have to take from Cusco. So the bus is going to Quillabamba and I have to get off at Santa Maria and then take another bus from Santa Maria to Santa Teresa, which mean the first bus I'm taking (from Cusco) won't pass Santa Teresa, am I correct?

Would greatly appreciate your inputs on this.

Thanks very much,

Eli

Mentioned in this post
Cusco
Cusco
Cusco Region, Peru
Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,674 posts
530 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Machu Picchu via Santa Teresa in March

Check here for detailed information : andeantravelweb.com/peru/destinations/machup…

I do not think the road is opened yet at this point in time. The road was washed out during the rainy season, as always happens.

15. Re: Machu Picchu via Santa Teresa in March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:35 pm, April 17, 2014
16. Re: Machu Picchu via Santa Teresa in March

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 pm, April 17, 2014
17. Re: Machu Picchu via Santa Teresa in March

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, April 19, 2015