We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Q'ente Tour Company Feedback? suggestions

Which Machu Picchu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new orleans
Level Contributor
8 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Q'ente Tour Company Feedback? suggestions

**I just posted this in the Cusco forum thinking I was posting it here***

Hello everyone!

I'm culling through the posts on here but some seem to old and some only just mention Q'ente.

I am going to Cusco in May and was all set to book with Peru Treks, after doing a ton of research. Unfortunately---after emailing them they are all booked for the dates I can go. I'm in grad school so my window is only three weeks.

All that said I'm looking for another company to go with. I would like any input folks have on Q'ente as well as other recommendations. I do not need luxury but I need competence. Also, I do worry about porter welfare and payment. I initially picked peru treks because of their involvement in the community as well as the info I heard about them paying their porters fair wages.

Finally, I would prefer to go with a local company.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Megan

1. Re: Q'ente Tour Company Feedback? suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:35 pm, March 16, 2013
2. Re: Q'ente Tour Company Feedback? suggestions

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:35 pm, March 16, 2013
new orleans
Level Contributor
8 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Q'ente Tour Company Feedback? suggestions

Thanks to you both. After much more research, I went with Llama Path and I'm all set to start on May 16. I'll check back in and let everyone know about my experience.

FYI---I was emailing with Peru Treks and they actually recommended Llama Path since I couldn't go with them on the dates I wanted. I thought that was really nice of them.

Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
Level Contributor
6,168 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Q'ente Tour Company Feedback? suggestions

Yes, that was nice of them -- not everyone would have done that. I did find that on the Inca Trail, there seemed to be a lot of friendliness & cooperation between the porters & guides of different agencies. They all seemed like "buddies" instead of competitors.

5. Re: Q'ente Tour Company Feedback? suggestions

Removed on: 9:05 pm, January 17, 2013
Belize City, Belize
Level Contributor
12 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Q'ente Tour Company Feedback? suggestions

Perutrek4good.com yureis the owner and has been very helpful.

Cusco
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Q'ente Tour Company Feedback? suggestions

see the new list of Inca Trail Local Tour Operator: machupicchu.gob.pe/items/Agencias2013.html

and some local recommended tour operator on TA:

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g294314-Activiti…

choose the one who has more positive reviews and show proper camping equipment and threat the porter very well.

8. Re: Q'ente Tour Company Feedback? suggestions

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 29, 2014