We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

machu picchu on your own

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
machu picchu on your own

I am overwhelmed with information here. Can someone please help me? My wife and I are planning to fly to Lima from Toronto. Spend a couple of days there. Then fly to Cusco for about 5 days. I can manage all the flights and hotels. But what exactly is required to visit Machu Picchu? We are not interested in any hiking/trekking. We will take the train. Do we need any agent to do that? Is there any limitation on how many people can visit MP per day?

Is it cheaper to just go through one agency that arranges everything for you or plan your own? Looks like a lot of work to plan all the excursions/ day trips/ airport/ train transfers. Please share your experience.

Also is it wise to include Amazon for couple of days in January? I am hearing the weather is quite bad in January...

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
4,247 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: machu picchu on your own

To each his own, I just wanted to be sure the information was available and all questions addressed as best I could, personally we almost always plan our own trips and almost never use tour companies.

22. Re: machu picchu on your own

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, December 17, 2013