We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unexpected success purchasing MP ticket on official site!!

Edison, New Jersey
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Unexpected success purchasing MP ticket on official site!!

I still can't believe it.. That with what I've read from the posts about impossibility to purchase MP tickets on the official website, I got a success on my first try and now already have my MP+HP tickets in hand!!

Well, this is much easier than I expected and I am so happily surprised! I used a bank of america visa debit card and everything went just so smoothly. There is a 6 sole commission for each ticket which was added to the 152 sole ticket price at the time of payment.

One small thing, the printed ticket has the watermark "Reimpreso" which I think means "reprint". This is normal, right? And all I need to do is to print out 2 copies and bring with me on my trip, right?

Good luck to all fellow travelers!

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Unexpected success purchasing MP ticket on official site!!

Bring your passport and the cc you used to buy the ticket also, just to be safe.

Good going, there have been some scattered reports of success, you are the first to mention the price of the admin fee.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,592 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Unexpected success purchasing MP ticket on official site!!

Great news !

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Unexpected success purchasing MP ticket on official site!!

i did pay online and was successful too

potomac, md
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Unexpected success purchasing MP ticket on official site!!

Hello, we are trying to go to MP on either Sunday oct 27 or Monday oct 28th. It looks like I can not even enter the official website , can anyone help please. Looking at the train tickets it looks likes Sunday is a better day , I also have to get my train ticket from Ollan, is it ok to wait until we get to Lima on 22nd to find out how the weather i???? I just don't know what to do please help

5. Re: Unexpected success purchasing MP ticket on official site!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:11 pm, November 13, 2013
potomac, md
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Unexpected success purchasing MP ticket on official site!!

Thanks so much for the info, any suggestions as if Sunday is better to go to mp or Monday ?

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Unexpected success purchasing MP ticket on official site!!

My suggestion would be Monday. Sunday is the day when locals can go and visit for free so it is often busier on Sundays. However having said that expect to be 'sharing' MP with 2500 other people no matter which day you go ;)

8. Re: Unexpected success purchasing MP ticket on official site!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, October 16, 2014