We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

machu picchu entrance tickets

USA
Level Contributor
145 posts
2 reviews
machu picchu entrance tickets

Is there a website where we can purchase machu picchu entrance tickets in advance? Are there any restrictions in terms of how many people are permitted to visit in one day?

Level Contributor
124 posts
102 reviews
1. Re: machu picchu entrance tickets

http://www.machupicchu.gob.pe/

however, payment by foreign credit card is suspended while INC works out the kinks in its online payment system. until that time, advance payment can only be done in person - or through a travel agency if you are abroad.

entrances are limited to 2,500 per day for MP. these rarely sell out. BUT if you also want to do Huayna Picchu you should do this well in advance, weeks or months depending on if it's high or low season. HP is limited to 400 people per day.

Cusco
Level Contributor
19 posts
2. Re: machu picchu entrance tickets

Good moorning!!

the website is: http://www.machupicchu.gob.pe/

is permitted 2500 people per day,

Have a wonderful day :)

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
1,101 posts
101 reviews
3. Re: machu picchu entrance tickets

I got mine for a surcharge through http://www.ticket-machupicchu.com/

There's a link where you can see how many tickets are remaining and decide whether to buy now or wait.

Level Contributor
25 posts
20 reviews
4. Re: machu picchu entrance tickets

I just got back from Peru a few days ago, and the foreign credit card message (that's also stated on the government website) is apparently incorrect. I was able to buy my tickets in advance from the US about a week before arriving in Aguas Calientes.

Here is a website that helped me a lot that walks you through the process of buying the tickets: http://www.machupicchutickets.com/

Good luck and enjoy your trip!

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
5. Re: machu picchu entrance tickets

Hi pktravelin, you are the second person here that reported success with overseas purchase!

Did you have any surcharge or administrative fee that they alluded to in the notice?

Visalia, California
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
6. Re: machu picchu entrance tickets

I have been trying for the past hour or more to purchase tickets through the official government website for a visit in early December. It doesn't appear that we really need to buy them in advance, given that it's low season and it appears few tickets have been bought, but we thought it'd be easier. (Or perhaps thousands of others like myself have been unable to purchase tickets on the website, and we'll all converge on the ticket office at the same time...) My VISA card is registered with Verified by VISA. The website takes me through the entire process of entering all my information, including the Verified by VISA password, then denies the transaction. I read one review that said to try Firefox, rather than Safari, but I still had no luck. On the bright side, I had no trouble purchasing our Cusco-Aguas Calientes train tickets with a non-Verified by VISA VISA card. If anyone has any tips for how to make the Machu Picchu website work, that'd be great.

aurora
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
7. Re: machu picchu entrance tickets

There are a few ways to purchase tickets before your travel. We went through one of the hotels we're staying at in Sacred Valley before we head to MP. We did have to send them the money Western Union first and then they emailed me the confirmation number to print the tickets. Most hotels and travel agencies will charge a fee, about $10, to do this. Keep an eye on the number of available tickets for MP as well as Huayna Picchu, there are only 400 visitors allowed to Huayna Picchu. You can also try one of the websites that other people are referring to. I never had luck purchasing that way. (Maybe it was just my Internet). Good luck!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
848 posts
109 reviews
8. Re: machu picchu entrance tickets

Whoever manages Machu picchu is possibly the only people to fix it.

They have to be aware of it.

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
5,106 posts
135 reviews
9. Re: machu picchu entrance tickets

@SamRiddle, you shouldn’t have any trouble getting tickets once here for Machu Picchu as it is the low season and they rarely sell out. I say save yourself the extra fees and wait until you are here. Are your tickets to Aguas Calientes from Poroy or Ollantaytambo?

@bengal85, when are you planning your trip, for most of the year you shouldn’t have a problem finding tickets into Machu Picchu, the only time i would be concerned is in June or July.

Santa Clara...
3 posts
10. Re: machu picchu entrance tickets

There are a few options when trying to purchase your Machu Picchu tickets online before you travel to Peru, try this company very efficient, I've used their services with out any issues.

cuscocity.com/store/…machu-picchu-tickets

Purchase your tickets in advance, a friend of mine was not able to secure a Wayna Picchu Ticket.

PS You'll get a nice welcome gift alone with your tickets!

Edited: 3:16 am, January 01, 2013