We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

www.machupicchu.gob.pe

USA
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
www.machupicchu.gob.pe

I tried to see if I could purchase tickets there...In the drop down menu where one eners their passport detail and specifies their country, I could not find United States? wierd? maybe I am doing something incorrectly...

Amar

Edited: 5:08 pm, September 26, 2012
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
150 posts
33 reviews
1. Re: www.machupicchu.gob.pe

Check for "Estados Unidos"

USA
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
2. Re: www.machupicchu.gob.pe

Thanks!

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
3. Re: www.machupicchu.gob.pe

The site does not work for overseas cards

USA
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
4. Re: www.machupicchu.gob.pe

I am using a US travel agent to book. Others have used Cusco region travel services to book. Either way, you will give them a cut.

www.andeantravelweb.com/peru/index.html

has a wealth of information for MP travel.

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
5. Re: www.machupicchu.gob.pe

I wanted to book online by going to this site. It says something like the online booking system is down since Sept. 2012, and to book with the National Bank. I don't quite understand what it is trying to say. Does it mean that after my arrival I will have to go to the National Bank in Cusco and then book there. That leaves me with v.little time to book the tickets!!

Thank you

Siva

Edited: 9:08 pm, November 14, 2012
San Francisco...
3 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: www.machupicchu.gob.pe

i got the site to work, but I had to try it a few times. I used a Bank of America debit card to pay, I heard from others that the site wouldn't accept other credit cards for some reason.

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
101 reviews
7. Re: www.machupicchu.gob.pe

My understanding is the only cards accepted participate in the Verified by Visa program. (Bank of America is an issuer.) Look on the back of your card if you're not sure.

I booked through an agency and paid a little extra for the convenience.

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
8. Re: www.machupicchu.gob.pe

Thanks. I think that I too have to depend on an agency. I live in Toronto, Canada, and is the agency represented in Canada too? Pl. reply so that I can approach it. Or is it possible to have it done by email or other remote means?

Thank you

Siva

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
101 reviews
9. Re: www.machupicchu.gob.pe

A reminder never to send a credit card over email or any website that isn't secure. It's an easy way to get your card number stolen. (If in doubt, ask your credit card company to generate a temporary single-use number. Amex makes this very issue to do.)

Based on recs here, I used this site: http://www.ticket-machupicchu.com/

You do have to wait until they issue the ticket (in my case a week or two), but they responded promptly to email inquirieis.

10. Re: www.machupicchu.gob.pe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, December 14, 2013