We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Machu Picchu tickets

Denver
Level Contributor
20 posts
187 reviews
Machu Picchu tickets

Just a heads up. I was trying to buy tickets to Machu Picchu online, without luck. I was told by the ticket office that all foreign transactions are suspended due to high amounts of credit card fraud. I used an online travel agency, that charged about $12 per ticket to purchase them for me, which is better than waiting until we get to Cusco to buy them. I also contacted another agent who wanted to charge me $150!!!! (the ticket runs about $50 US dollars, we paid $60 something through our agency). So just passing on a helpful tid bit! http://www.ticket-machupicchu.com/

Brisbane
Level Contributor
16 posts
255 reviews
1. Re: Machu Picchu tickets

Thank you so much! I was just about to post a question as we've already booked the train and accommodation in Aguas and can't get tickets to Machu Picchu. I'll try your link. If it works, you'll be my favourite person of the day!

Brisbane
Level Contributor
16 posts
255 reviews
2. Re: Machu Picchu tickets

It worked! Thanks again. You've made my day.

Denver
Level Contributor
20 posts
187 reviews
3. Re: Machu Picchu tickets

When are you going? We will be there in early September. I watched the site and checked the registry on the "official site" to make sure we were not getting scammed. I was ready top contact the credit card company just in case. But glad to report that it is on the up and up!

US
Level Contributor
115 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: Machu Picchu tickets

Do they deliver the tickets to your hotel, or do you have to pick them up from somewhere? if so, where? and is there an additional cost for anything (delivery)?

Edited: 11:45 am, July 16, 2012
Denver
Level Contributor
20 posts
187 reviews
5. Re: Machu Picchu tickets

They e-mail you the tickets about 2 days after you book them, and you just take the print out with you.. I think that they go into the official site, book them there, and then send you the confirmation and booking number. If you go onto the government site,you can see how many tickets are available for any given day. You can also see who is registered on the official web site- that is how I know that I REALLY have tickets! Good luck

brisbane
Level Contributor
47 posts
19 reviews
6. Re: Machu Picchu tickets

how do you see that you are registered on the official site? This information is great, thank you!

Denver
Level Contributor
20 posts
187 reviews
7. Re: Machu Picchu tickets

On the government site there is a link for "registered" - you type in your passport number (scary), and brings up the info. However, I just went to the site and the notice about not taking visa's anymore seems to block the page!

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
8. Re: Machu Picchu tickets

"Cerrar" means "Close" click the x in the lower right hand corner and the notice about Visa should close.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1 post
41 reviews
9. Re: Machu Picchu tickets

Will definitely try your link to purchase online...I'm having an issue with the website generating the correct date. It keeps giving the day before my desired date. Anyone else having this issue?

Andover...
Level Contributor
79 posts
27 reviews
10. Re: Machu Picchu tickets

There have been so many posts on this problem. I asked the place we were going to be staying in Aguas Calientes to purchase the tickets for us, and we paid them by Western Union. After they bought the tickets, they gave us the numbers and we were able to print the tickets out at home. The inn, La Cabana Machupicchu, did not charge us for the service; there was a nominal fee through Western Union.