We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you buy Machu picchu tickets 3 months ahead of time?

orlando, fl
Level Contributor
92 posts
61 reviews
Can you buy Machu picchu tickets 3 months ahead of time?

Still having a problem getting tickets to Machu Picchu using verified visia and getting denied every time. Do they hold off on selling tickets for September until a certain time.?

Does anyone know of a tour guide that could get them at a reasonable price if I can't get them. One group wanted 75.00 US dollars a ticket.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
1. Re: Can you buy Machu picchu tickets 3 months ahead of time?

No the tickets for September are on sale. There are a number of threads already with step by step instructions as well as suggested agents, have you searched?

How far did you get in the process?

Edited: 12:18 am, June 15, 2012
orlando, fl
Level Contributor
92 posts
61 reviews
2. Re: Can you buy Machu picchu tickets 3 months ahead of time?

We filled out all the forms got the reservation number, went to the payment section , used verified by Visa including the password for it and the reply comes back "Operacion Denegada". Also the number of available tickets has not changed in a month Huaynapicchu has stayed at 184 for the entire time for Sept 7th.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
3. Re: Can you buy Machu picchu tickets 3 months ahead of time?

Some people have made a reservation and then emailed the call center who will extend the time to pay until you arrive in Peru. There is a very long thread about this problem.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
5 posts
28 reviews
4. Re: Can you buy Machu picchu tickets 3 months ahead of time?

I think you have to get a bit lucky and try timing it when their website might not be so busy. I think it may be a traffic issue. I purchased mine back in January and we are not going until November. (I know, a little anal.)

Now Peru Rail, that is a entirely different scenario....

CUSCO
Level Contributor
69 posts
5. Re: Can you buy Machu picchu tickets 3 months ahead of time?

you can buy the entrance ticket to Machupicchu when you get to Cusco that is not problem many spaces , but in case if you want Climb Waynapichu it is better book it with Advice Becuase for Waynapicchu sometimes you must wait more than 1 week for the spaces , i recommend also book before you train Tickets ...and Hotel those Months are bussy time in Peru , in case you can not buy all those stuffs so will be better you book a Tour so then you dont need to be worry about any things Becuase when you get to Cusco then you will have everything , and less stress

My Best Regards

INKA HOOTS TRAVEL

San Diego...
Level Contributor
7 posts
43 reviews
6. Re: Can you buy Machu picchu tickets 3 months ahead of time?

I found this website on another similar post

http://www.ticket-machupicchu.com/

It looks good and I think I'm going to go for it as the mark-up is not bad. I'm staying at Tambo del Inka and the tour company there is not responding to my emails in a timely manner, nor are they answering my questions exactly - causing me to go back and forth with them....not to mention they're pushing their guided tour.

Cary, North Carolina
Level Contributor
25 posts
7. Re: Can you buy Machu picchu tickets 3 months ahead of time?

Persons outside Peru used to be able to buy the MP tickets online from the official government website using a VISA. You could buy tickets for any date in given year starting on Jan 1 of the year.

Recently (like in the last few weeks), this option was dropped because of problems with VISA card fraud. There has been at least one thread about this on this forum in last week.

I think many peoplewho want the security of buying in advance are now turning to their hotels or travel agencies in Peru to purchase the tickets - with of course some commission.

Don't forget that you also need to coordinate purchase of the train tickets to Aguas Calientes from Cusco or Ollantaytambo.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
5,081 posts
202 reviews
8. Re: Can you buy Machu picchu tickets 3 months ahead of time?

Any idea when tickets for January go on sale. I will be the on the 24 th

Fort McMurray...
Level Contributor
89 posts
9. Re: Can you buy Machu picchu tickets 3 months ahead of time?

Hello New York

you can buy on December your tickets to MP with 1 or 2 Mont Befores they alraedy show the spaces for buy.

Ask your travel agent with whom you are organizing your tour to Machupicchu so they can Arrange everything in Time.

Because from July1st you can not buy ticket by internet, they are not accept a credit Card to pay this admition.

Have a good trip n Peru!

My Regards

Luz Grylls from Inka Hoots

10. Re: Can you buy Machu picchu tickets 3 months ahead of time?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, August 21, 2013