We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Machu Picchu in December?

Which Machu Picchu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
89 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
Machu Picchu in December?

Hello all,

I am planning a trip to peru (Lima-Cusco-Machu Picchu) through a tour company and i'd like to know if December is a good month to go (weather wise)

Any info and pointers will be much appreciate it.

Far Hills, NJ
6 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Machu Picchu in December?

how was your trip to Peru in Dec, we are going this December!

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
89 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Machu Picchu in December?

like i said in my post above, i changed it.going in july

A F
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Machu Picchu in December?

Hey if your going to machu picchu for the first time I'd suggest having a look at this site, I'm in the middle of planning my machu picchu trip and this site seems to cover a fair bit of preparation

http://www.machupicchuinfo.com/

I hope this helps! Have fun at picchu!!

Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Machu Picchu in December?

Hi. We were there last December. We got the train into Aguas Calientes and the bus up to MP. It was very misty & cool in the morning s but turned out lovely days while we were there. If you get a chance, spend a night or 2 in Ollantaytambo. Beautiful small town with fantastic ruins and some great walks

25. Re: Machu Picchu in December?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 31, 2014