We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Student Tickets to Machu Piccu / Huayna Picchu

Charlotte, North...
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Student Tickets to Machu Piccu / Huayna Picchu

I saw on the website that you can only purchase student tickets through travel agents / in person for Huayna Picchu. Is there any way around this? Is it possible to get a friend already in Cuzco to purchase a student ticket for me or do I have to buy it in person? I am trying to avoid the markup on the ticket. Are there any friendly travel agents who will not charge a fee for student tickets? Can I purchase an adult ticket and get a partial refund after showing my student ID card?

Thanks.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,571 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Student Tickets to Machu Piccu / Huayna Picchu

When you obtain a student ticket you will be requested for an ID upon entry to the MP site.

Charlotte, North...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Student Tickets to Machu Piccu / Huayna Picchu

Thanks. I have a student ID, but i do not yet have a ticket. I would like to buy my ticket in advance (so it doesn't sell out) and it seems i cannot do this online. Does anyone have any advice?

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Student Tickets to Machu Piccu / Huayna Picchu

Use a travel agent. Search the forum for suggestions.

Berkswell, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Student Tickets to Machu Piccu / Huayna Picchu

Try this online Machu Picchu ticket provider: cuscocity.com/store/products/Machu-Picchu-Ti…

My son did the research so you wouldn't have to give them a try!

After purchase they got a confirmation email and 24 hours later their electronic tickets. They offer rock bottom great service!

Ask for Ed! <--- You'll probably get a Free City Tour worth $19USD

Boston...
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Student Tickets to Machu Piccu / Huayna Picchu

Hi all,

If you need to contact travel agencies to make ticket buying Machu Picchu but have to do it in advance as tickets for Huayna Picchu Machu Picchu + are selling out quickly. I bought my tickets in - ticketmachupicchu.com - the attention was very good because I advised in real time with their chat online.

Before making the purchase it is necessary have isic card - in force.

Have a nice Trip!

Chicago
Level Contributor
10 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Student Tickets to Machu Piccu / Huayna Picchu

Does anyone actually have an answer to OP's question? Obviously you can book ahead for full price on the official MP government website, or pay a surcharge to buy a student ticket through a travel agent (which defeats the purpose of trying to save money), but is it possible to reserve a student ticket in advance?

Michigan
Destination Expert
for Peru
Level Contributor
5,385 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Student Tickets to Machu Piccu / Huayna Picchu

It's not possible to book a student ticket in advance online, the OP said it himself. He could have gotten a friend to buy a ticket for him in Cusco, yes. I don't know what other question was unanswered. " Friendly" travel agent working for free? I doubt it.

Chicago
Level Contributor
10 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Student Tickets to Machu Piccu / Huayna Picchu

I suppose I was hoping for an affirmative answer to the idea of somehow receiving a partial refund by showing an ISIC card, but I suppose it was not meant to be. We're going during the offseason on a weekday, so I suppose I'll just keep an eye on availability and hope we can purchase tickets upon arrival in Cusco. Thanks for the help!

Michigan
Destination Expert
for Peru
Level Contributor
5,385 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Student Tickets to Machu Piccu / Huayna Picchu

No problem. AFAIK, they do not give refunds since all sales are final.

10. Re: Student Tickets to Machu Piccu / Huayna Picchu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, February 22, 2015