We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Machu Picchu - Shoes???

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
829 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Machu Picchu - Shoes???

Which of these shoes would you recommend for Machu Picchu (1 day visit to ruins)? I know the wraptor hikers offer the most support, etc., but they are also quite heavy. Will either of the others work? I already own them all. We'll be traveling to the Galapagos after MP and want to limit what we bring. Thanks for the advice!

Teva Sky Lake

rei.com/product/832585/teva-sky-lake-multisp…

Keen Venice H20

rei.com/product/…keen-venice-sandals-womens

Teva Wraptor hiking shoes (similar to this link):

compare.ebay.com/like/370238121154…

Edited: 3:14 am, April 18, 2012
Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
10,460 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Machu Picchu - Shoes???

Well, hello again, LAFA; I replied to your shoe dilemma on the Galapagos forum, too. The Sky Lake shoes will be fine for MP. I wore hiking shoes instead of my Chaco sandals as I wanted more stability on the uneven surfaces--plus, it was quite chilly so wanted socks, too!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
829 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Machu Picchu - Shoes???

Thanks again! That is what I thought. I was hoping the Sky Lakes would be enough, since I think they will be good for the Galapagos too. The other hiking shoes weigh a pound more and seem like overkill for the Galapagos anyway.

3. Re: Machu Picchu - Shoes???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, June 19, 2013