We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inca trail Tour Operators

Naxxar, Malta
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Inca trail Tour Operators

Hi,

We are going to do the inca trail in December and we are going to book with Machete Tours. Has anyone had any experiences with this agency?

41. Re: Inca trail Tour Operators

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 pm, April 10, 2013
Aarhus, Denmark
2 posts
Save Reply
42. Re: Inca trail Tour Operators

Hi everyone.

I would like to drop some lines here about our experience with Machete Tours in Peru. After researching a lot of what we want to do we ended up signing with Machete Tours a program call “Peru Nature Discovery 22 days” that included a 6 day tour to Manu National Park and it was a packages included hotels, flights, transfers and arranged tours in every destination we were by. This is back in summer 2012. My two daughters, husband and me have had a great time thanks to a well arrange tour and friendly staff and people we meet in Peru. Hotels were in good standard and tours were in time. We were particularly happy with all the very communicative friendly and professional tour guides and have feel safe and secure all the time (even in the middle of the jungle or twisty roads).

Our memories of Peru are for live time and we thank you very much to all staff of Machete Tours like Irma in Lima, Ana in Cusco, Erik our guide in machupichu and the knowledgeable Robert in the Jungle.

Inge juul and family.

London, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
43. Re: Inca trail Tour Operators

I had a bit difference experience of Machete Tours. We choose them as well and bottomline is as other people also write is that they overcharge you significantly. You end up on a trip with peopel from other agencies who have paid half the amount !! it gives you a bad taste in your mouth - For my experience

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g294318-i3352-k6…

44. Re: Inca trail Tour Operators

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:32 am, August 21, 2013
Cusco, Cusco, Peru
5 posts
Save Reply
45. Re: Inca trail Tour Operators

Dear McFletz,

Firstly, I am sorry to hear of your poor impression of us. So that we can look into this further, can you please contact us with your booking and contact details? We can then identify your trip and come back to you personally.

At this stage, we'd like to say that Machete Tours - along with other tour operators in our industry - offer a fully managed, service-based package. This means that that prices may be more expensive than going direct to local suppliers for individual elements. However, the vast majority of our customers appreciate this and are happy in knowing that their holiday itinerary is being taken care of for them by us.

Thank you for raising this, and thank you also to those who have recounted their positive experience with us below.

Kind regards,

Ronald

Machete Tours

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Inca trail Tour Operators

Do you have a tour company you could honestly recommend? We're planning on doing the Inca Trail in January 2014 and are looking for an honest and fair tour operator for a small group of 3 adults and 2 international students. Thanks for any guidance or advice you're willing to share.

47. Re: Inca trail Tour Operators

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 24, 2014