We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Incatrekkers

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
154 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Incatrekkers

Hi,

Does anyone have any feedback on this company? They are also listed on the Andean Travel website as Wake Up Peru Trekking. They seem to be newer and I've searched the forum but can only find one reference to them. Has anyone done the Inca trail with them or heard anything, good or bad, about this company?

Thanks!

Sydney, New South...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Incatrekkers

Inca Trekkers is part of the local company Wake Up Peru Trekking. My husband and i recently did the Lares Trek with Juves {owner and guide}. It was an amazing hike and i highly recommend this company to all.

The 3 night trek was well beyond our expectations. It provided a window into the history of Peru and highland living. Juves comes from a highland village himself and is able to speak Quechuan and thus talk to the villagers along the way and interpret for us. A very professional, comfortable, attentive group of porters, chefs and guides.

For other testimonials see their website.

Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Incatrekkers

I just returned from Peru, where I did the 4d/3n Inca Trail trek with Incatrekkers (Oct 2012). They are great!! Juve, the owner, was our guide. He worked as a porter when he was younger, and has worked as a guide for some of the bigger, well-known trekking companies (who I will not name here). Incatrekkers caps their groups at 12, but we only had the 5 of us friends on ours - it was perfect and I cannot imagine being in one of those groups of 18 or 26 we saw along the trail! While Incatrekkers (also known as Wake Up Peru Trekking) the company is only a few years old, Juve has years of experience and runs a great operation. I'm very much in favor of supporting local businesses where possible - and Juve is a local guy, born and raised in the Sacred Valley. I would absolutely recommend Incatrekkers to my friends, family, and strangers in travel ;)

For more info, I posted a review on the Inca Trail section where I talked about Juve/Incatrekkers, but in a nutshell: knowledgeable, English/Spanish-speaking guide, great food, comfortable tents/sleeping pads, smaller group sizes, treats porters/staff well, beautiful scenery, well-run operation.

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
89 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Incatrekkers

For the Inca Trail I would suggest some other reliable companies such as:

Llama Path

Qénte

Incaland adventures

Wayki Treks.

Lots of reviews available on them on this forum.

Enjoy!

Los Angeles...
1 post
Save Reply
14. Re: Incatrekkers

We had an incredible trip with Juve. We celebrated our 5-year-wedding anniversary at Machu Picchu after hiking the 4-day Salkantay Trek with Juve, our porter and our cook. The food was amazing. I am a strict vegetarian and truly appreciated the attention paid to my dietary restrictions. Part of the magic of the trip was that we were the only ones on the tour even though we selected the group option. I know however this is also because Incatrakkers is not well known -- yet. I expect this to change as other satisfied customers take to posting here. It was an unforgettable, challenging and truly enlightening adventure guided by someone who honors his ancestral home.

Galway, Ireland
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Incatrekkers

Hi there, I trekked to Machu Picchu with Juve and his team in June 2012, and I can only highly highly recommend Incatrekkers for the most wonderful experience of my life. Juve is simply quite amazing, his skill and expertise is second to none and he is a wonderful guide, passionate about what he does and so so knowledgeable, full of history and only happy to share all he knows. He is also someone I learned to trust over the 4 day trek and I felt in safe hands as I was travelling alone. Friends of mine had done the inca trail with Juve the previous year so there was no doubt in my mind that the Incatrekkers were the only group I was going with and I was delighted with my choice. Juve and his team are very professional and honest good living people. If you have any questions at all, I am happy to answer them for you. I checked out there website again, to make sure we are talking about the same group. I copied the link again. http://www.incatrekkers.com/en/ Feel free to contact me regarding my experience. Kind regards, Mary

Bucaramanga...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Incatrekkers

Inca Trekkers is amazing! When I trek, I want an company that is fun, educational, gets me away from tourists and in with the locals, keeps me safe and comfortable, has good food, and worth the price. Simply put, I want it all, and Inca Trekkers surpassed these expectations. Juve, who started the company after years of being a guide for all the other companies, balances the perfect mix of comfort and fun while also staying true to his Quechua (Inca) roots. Other tour companies claim that their staff is local, but Juve's employees are more than that, they are Quechua and most still live in their Quechua communities.

When he plans tours, he considers both what Trekkers want and how he can support the local communities. On our Lares trek that ended at Machu Picchu, we came across a Quechua shepard watching her sheep in a secluded valley. At first she was too shy to talk to anyone, but Juve spoke to her in Quechua (his first language) and explained that we (the Trekkers) were from other countries and interested in Peru. A few seconds later, she shyly walked over and explained to Juve that she had never met anyone from another country before. She allowed us to take pictures and even asked Juve if he could give her some of the pictures. he promised he would print them for her and bring them back on his next trek. If you are looking for experiences like this, where you spend time with locals and experience how the inca lived hundreds of years ago, this company is your only choice.

17. Re: Incatrekkers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 30, 2014