We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LLamaPath Booking problem?

england
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Topic
LLamaPath Booking problem?

Hi - can anyone shed some light on this.

Im trying to pay my deposit over for my MP trek through lamapaths on-line booking system. But everytime I try to make the transaction is keeps being rejected. I have tried with 2 different credit card cards, I have also checked with my CC companies and they say there is no problem with the cards, so it must be there website. I have e-mailed them twice and still no reply.

Has anyone else had problems or know of a resolution. HELP

Many Thanks

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LLamaPath Booking problem?

Try using the PayPal link.

If you don't have an account, it takes just a minute to set up. Worked fine for us.

england
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: LLamaPath Booking problem?

thanks - but everyone is telling me to pay with my visa - as safer?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LLamaPath Booking problem?

You can set up a PayPal account linked only to a credit card - very safe that way.

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
3,885 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: LLamaPath Booking problem?

Does the website use Verified By Visa? If it does and you have not registered your card with Verified By Visa then that may be the problem.

visaeurope.com/personal/…main.jsp

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LLamaPath Booking problem?

Call or Fax them your CC info what I do

or try verified by visa works fine for most...

england
Level Contributor
108 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: LLamaPath Booking problem?

i used L/P for my trek to M/P . I found that they had problems with their emails something to do with yahoo but not sure. I ended up phoning them, i have also come across a chat box on their website where u can have real time chat with the office staff. i think its in use during their office hours. i found the company great to deal with .

england
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: LLamaPath Booking problem?

Thanks everyone for your replies - yes my card is verified. I will try again through there website - if it still does not work - then I will try with PayPal (using my CC that way).

Thanks for all your advise.

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
547 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: LLamaPath Booking problem?

Try to call them and if still they don´t reply try to book trough another agency there are many good ones with better customer service.

stratford,ontario
Level Contributor
35 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: LLamaPath Booking problem?

Hi

We payed via paypal. I have had no problems paying this way for many things. It is a very secure method of payment. We also have booked with llama path and our trip starts the beginning of May.

Hope this helps

Tracy, CA
Level Contributor
142 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: LLamaPath Booking problem?

Hello. We booked the Inca Trail tour and many tours with Llama Path for our trip there last year, everything was paid, a couple of thousand dollars worth (group of 6), for in advance thru Paypal.

The payments were received successfully and the tours/Inca trail went off without a hitch. No need to worry about paying them thru that route.

Edited: 1:49 pm, April 15, 2010