We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather oct

kilkenny ireland
2 posts
Save Topic
weather oct

hi, I will be heading to peru on 22nd oct, walking the inca trail upto machu picchu. Have a huge kit list, and am looking for advise on weather and clothing, If it rains is it like good old irish rain, heavy and lasting all day, any advise would be much apprieciated,

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,394 posts
505 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather oct

Really no mayor rain expected in Oct.

If at all its normally a tropical shower, not an all day affair.

Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
Level Contributor
6,172 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather oct

Just got back from Peru. We hiked the Inca trail Sept 4-7, got rain 3 days out of 4, even a hailstorm! -- And this was supposed to be still in the dry season. I brought my own poncho, but many just bought the cheap plastic (lightweight!) ones from vendors at start of trek or in Olly. These seemed to work well, also. As Xochitl says, the rains did not last all day, but you could get a pretty good soaking if you didn't have a poncho or waterproof jacket. Gortex boots were wonderful, kept our feet dry thru puddles & rains. Lightweight fleece & cap will help keep you warm in camp, when it cools off a lot in evening. Also, you will want to make sure your pack or daypack is covered during rain, either by packcover or poncho.

3. Re: weather oct

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, September 10, 2009