We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does MP really reach 30ºC in early July?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
160 posts
114 reviews
137 helpful votes
Does MP really reach 30ºC in early July?

Checking out the weather for when we'll be in MP (early July) I was surprised to see that Winderground recorded the weather last year to be in the high twenties and sometimes 30ºC. This is so very much higher than Cusco and Lima that I have to question its accuracy. Can anyone confirm if the MP temperatures in early July are really that hot?

5 replies to this topic
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
19,516 posts
128 reviews
76 helpful votes
1. Re: Does MP really reach 30ºC in early July?

It could. It’s a lot lower elevation than Cusco on the way into the jungle. It’s not on the coast like Lina is.

Level Contributor
15 posts
2. Re: Does MP really reach 30ºC in early July?

I check weather.com for Cusco and MP and the site shows 60ish/30ish (F) highs and lows. Maybe the site isn't accurate? Because I keep reading about how hot it can get on the trail even in winter. I'm going to take the packing tip of layers seriously. I'm going to bring some very thin and lightweight tops for the hot stretches but have a wool vest and fleece jacket on hand.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
131 posts
23 reviews
39 helpful votes
3. Re: Does MP really reach 30ºC in early July?

Well, for what it's worth, you can search for the weather at MP on weather.com. It seems to indicate that the weather will be more like 15 degrees over the next couple of weeks.

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
227 posts
323 reviews
143 helpful votes
4. Re: Does MP really reach 30ºC in early July?

Much more likely to be between 19 and 22 C. Keep in mind that July is mid-winter in Peru. Enjoy your trip.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
9,859 posts
416 reviews
422 helpful votes
5. Re: Does MP really reach 30ºC in early July?

Not 30°C but when the sun beats down, it feels very hot.

Reply to: Does MP really reach 30ºC in early July?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted