1. I note that buying Machu Picchu tickets online before we leave is challenging. Do you think we will strike problems if we wait till we arrive to buy them in person - are the likely to sell out at that time of year?
2. We were planning to head straight down to the sacred valley on arrival in Cusco to help with acclimatisation. Should we get the taxi driver to take us to the place where you buy the Machu Picchu tickets in Cusco before we head down, or should we wait till we get to AC?
3. Are the trains likely to be booked out at that time of year or can we easily buy the tickets in Ollantaytambo?
4. We were thinking of staying at KB Tambo in Ollantaytambo, is this a good place to base ourselves (value for money vs quality)?
5. Does anyone have suggestions on where to stay in AC and Cusco? Cheap, cheerful and clean, we don't need anything fancy. The reviews for everywhere seem to be pretty mixed.
Thanks for your help!