We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unheated Hotels in August in Sacred Valley

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Topic
Unheated Hotels in August in Sacred Valley

We are planning to stay in Sol y Luna and Pakaritampu for several nights during late August,2008. One of my guide books pointed out that these hotels do not have heating, although I presume they provide space heaters.

Please let me know if we will be uncomfortably cold in these hotels. Maybe we should change our hotel selection to one of the hotels that list heating as an amenity. We are from Arizona and have very little tolerance for cold.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
476 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Unheated Hotels in August in Sacred Valley

You could be very cold in Peru in August; I know I was cold in May and I'm from Ohio...

Email to confirm heaters & blankets are provided. Elec. Blankets might be best.

Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
Level Contributor
6,146 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Unheated Hotels in August in Sacred Valley

The better hotels in Peru all have space heaters at least, as well as plenty of warm bed coverings (fluffy down comforters, for example). We visited in late Aug - early Sept. No place we stayed in Peru had central heating, including the pricey Inkaterra in AC, but all had at least one space heater, some two. I think you will be fine.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,147 posts
473 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Unheated Hotels in August in Sacred Valley

This winter was quie mild in the Cusco area.

Most hotels do not offer centra heating in the rooms, but have good warm bed clothing.

Check this forum for recommended hotels in the SV area.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Unheated Hotels in August in Sacred Valley

Thank you all for the helpful replies. I've decided to stay at Sol y Luna, and they have space heaters in the room. We'll bring super-warm night clothes,too.

5. Re: Unheated Hotels in August in Sacred Valley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, September 10, 2009