We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Camino Sagrado

Great Falls...
1 post
El Camino Sagrado

Hi I am planning a trip next month to The Sacred Valley for an ayahuasca retreat at El Camino Sagrado. Has anyone been there that can tell me more about it? I am a single 55 year old female traveling alone and am quite nervous. Any information at all would be most welcome. I’m going May 4

10 replies to this topic
Brooklyn, New York
1 post
1. Re: El Camino Sagrado

Hi Deborah,

I have been researching ayahuasca retreats and came across your post. I'd love to know how your experience was at El Camino Sagrada. Are you open to sharing about it?

I'm a 32 year old female and would be traveling alone as well.

Cheers,

Mara

Mount Maunganui...
1 post
1 review
2. Re: El Camino Sagrado

Hi Debroh

I am also looking at doing a retreat in Peru. Single traveller and 54. Can you share any advice. I have not booked anything yet. Looking at going end of June

Thank you

Boston...
1 post
3. Re: El Camino Sagrado

Hi Mara,

I went last December. I arrived two days early to get used to the air. It was very thin! People who were in better shape than me didn't seem to think it was to bad but I have had a rather sedentary life style for a while and I found it difficult. You can stay at hotels that have O2 pumped in. Or you can lie down and rest.

The Camino Sagrado itself is a really nice place to do the ceremonies. It is a welcoming, healthy place. Great vegan food, different therapies like music, yoga, body movement as well as the ayahuasca. There are dorm style accommodations, shower rooms, bathrooms like in a dorm. The landscape is spectacular.

1 post
4. Re: El Camino Sagrado

I fall short of words to explain how much the experience in El Camino Sagrado mean to me, because it was an experience beyond words! It was a beautiful and an enlightening week, in which I had the chance of expanding my awareness, my love and my sense of the Oneness with marevelous guides, very admirable partners, and the most powerful and magical environment. I only can say THANKS to all of them, to God and the Universe for this precious time to get more peace and more understanding. Without a doubt, it was a life-changing experience!

Munim

Edited: 12:54 pm, December 11, 2018
6 posts
5. Re: El Camino Sagrado

Life-changing doesn't even begin to describe it...

Upon arrival at the healing center, my mind became at ease. The shaman is so calm and tranquil, and the surrounding nature allows a haven for quiet thought and soul-searching... what followed was a multi-layered proccess on physical, psychological, and spiritual levels... the chanting and incantations of the shaman were a musical guide directing me... the atmosphere was very relaxed and non-judgmental. It gives me great peace to know that no matter where I may be out there in the “rat race”, there will always be a shaman out there raising positive energy from Peru.

6. Re: El Camino Sagrado

Amazing experience!!!!

El Camino Sagrado's shaman is an ideal fit for any western mind and especially a first timer. One of the most well-researched men I've ever met, Shaman spent 20 years traveling the globe learning the spiritual teachings of the East, West and Prehistoric. All the team member was excellent. :)

Edited: 6:34 am, January 17, 2019
Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
11,698 posts
110 reviews
133 helpful votes
7. Re: El Camino Sagrado

Where is this shaman from originally, Jennica?

Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
7 helpful votes
8. Re: El Camino Sagrado

Hello,

I just noticed that no one ever mentions any names of the shaman, facilitators etc. Im booked in here for May and i'm starting to have second thoughts. I've researched some things and I've read some not so great things about Trinity de Guzman. The Words SCAM & CULT have popped up more than once and im wondering why in comparison to other retreat this one has only a handful of reviews which don't really go into any detail about the actual experience. Am I being paranoid?

Texas
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
35 reviews
24 helpful votes
9. Re: El Camino Sagrado

Ayahuasca retreats are scam (except, perhaps, for their non ayahuasca services). Be careful with overdosing or getting taken advantage of while unconscious/drugged up. All those posts seem quite scammy because they only came once to this forum to extol the virtues of this "retreat" and then they disappear.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
2 posts
74 reviews
23 helpful votes
10. Re: El Camino Sagrado

Hello ! I see that you never got any reply to your question. Anyways, now I'm the one with a question. Did you ever go to the retreat? How was it ?

Thank you

Vecky

Reply to: El Camino Sagrado
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted