We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended Lima Restaurants

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
162 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Recommended Lima Restaurants

Astrid y Gaston and other restaurants recommended here sound wonderful.

How expensive is expensive? What would the cost be in $ for an average dinner? Do you need to dress nicely, or does a clean appearance work?

We are traveling lightly and won't have dressy clothes with us, just jeans and everyday pants and shirts.

New York
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Recommended Lima Restaurants

I would not recomend "Pizza Street" as there are many first class Italian restaurants in Lima. Try the fresh bread & watch the pasta bieng made at Tratorria Don Mambrino also world class desserts made by the owners wife another of Lima's TV star chefs!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Recommended Lima Restaurants

The Astrid and Gaston is ranked in the top 25 in the world. I simply loved it. Really, the food quality and service were unsurpassable. I went with a Peruvian date, we had before dinner drinks, a bottle of wine, three bottles of water, appietizers, main course each, desert and after dinner Port. My bill was S/ 186.00. Soles. Thats less then $65.00 US Dollars. You can not touch food like this for less then $300 here in the US. The Port alone would be $50.00 here in the US.

13. Re: Recommended Lima Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 am, August 22, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Lima
Recent Conversations