We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Multi city booking with LAN

Los Angeles...
3 posts
Save Topic
Multi city booking with LAN

Hi,

I have spent hours reading forum regarding booking via LAN Peru vs. LAN USA, multi-city and round trip. Now I am more confused than before. There seems to have many different information.

Okay, here is the plan.

June 07 LAX - Lima

June 09 Lima-Cuzco

June 15 Cuzco - LAX (transfer in Lima of course)

On LAN USA: Lima-Cuzco round trip is $363

On LAN Peru: Lima-Cuzco round trip is $128 with below restrictions

"Si eres residente peruano, puedes acceder a las Tarifas Base y Base Plus en rutas nacionales dentro del país. Si utilizas este beneficio, pero no acreditas la residencia, LAN te podrá cobrar un cargo adicional de US$ 178 o negar el embarque."

Question 1: so even they charge me $178, which will still be cheaper than book via LAN USA

Then I check multi-city rate

Both LAN USA and LAN Peru site has the same rate $1099

when I check round trip LAX to Lima,

both sites have the same rate @ $1034

so the best rate will be multi-city rate via LAN USA

Then, I read forum talk about do not book via multi-city since it automatic use the base rate which is for Peruvian resident only.

but there was a post someone bought ticket via LAN Canada using the multi-city and everything works out fine.

What should I do? Maybe just buy the $1099 via LAN USA and hope everything will work out?

Thanks

Eva

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,394 posts
505 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Multi city booking with LAN

When you book a Lan flight from the USA and include the Lima to Cusco fare its much cheaper than booking a Lax to Lima and then a Lim to Cusco fare, and also the local fare restriction goes into effect.

Trujillo, Peru
Level Contributor
22 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Multi city booking with LAN

If your destination is Cusco you dont have to select multi-city option on LAN webpage, just select LAX-CUZ, if you book from Peru's LAN webpage they will charge you USD178 for being not local.

Los Angeles...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Multi city booking with LAN

I am stopping in Lima for 2 nights before heading to Cusco. So the $178 local restriction will be added even though I book through LAN USA combining international and local flights.

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
3,885 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Multi city booking with LAN

You can book the LIM-CUZ flights separately on the Lan Peru website just be sure NOT to book BASE or BASE PLUS fares.

California
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Multi city booking with LAN

I'm even more confused after reading the postings on LAN PERU vs LAN USA.

I'd like to book multi cities via the LAN USA website. SFO >> LIMA >>> CUZCO >> LIMA >>> SFO.

Can I assume that the domestic leg between LIMA and CUZCO are for non-Peruvians since I'm booking through LAN USA?

Thank you in advance for any clarification!

Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Multi city booking with LAN

Book by lan usa, no extracharge will be added!

Anyway, id you want to get an official answer itbia better to call the airline, the phone nr is at website and worka out very well

7. Re: Multi city booking with LAN

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, September 28, 2015