We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days in Lima ( Friday , Sat , Sunday ) What can I do ?

Lugano, Switzerland
Level Contributor
27 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
3 days in Lima ( Friday , Sat , Sunday ) What can I do ?

I'm on a business trip and have 3 days spare. I'm happy to catch a plane / bus etc but would like to stay /do/ see/ something really fabulous. This is a once in a life time chance. Any suggestions ?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
873 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 days in Lima ( Friday , Sat , Sunday ) What can I do ?

If you want to spend it in Lima, you can do

-Barranco: a bohemian beach-side neighborhood known for its nightlife. It also has lots of cafes and small museums

-Central Lima: UNESCO world heritage site with Centro Historico, Plaza Mayor (Plaza de Armas) and Plaza San Martin, churches, colonial architecture, the presidential palace, congress, and lots of shopping

-Miraflores: an upscale touristy neighborhood with restaurants, nightlife, and hotels. You can also visit Huaca Pucllana, a pre-Inca ruins and eat at the world-class restaurants: Astrid y Gaston (ranked 14th best in the world), Central (ranked 50th).

However, if you will never go back to Peru again (you mentioned once if a lifetime chance), then I would suggest

Friday- fly to Cusco

Saturday- day trip to Machu Picchu

Sunday- fly back to Lima

2. Re: 3 days in Lima ( Friday , Sat , Sunday ) What can I do ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:57 am, September 27, 2016
Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
59 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 days in Lima ( Friday , Sat , Sunday ) What can I do ?

Go to Paracas and see the Ballestas Islands. Then go sandboarding in Huacachina, both these places a short bus journey south of Lima, and will fill 2 days, maybe go on a Pisco Vineyard tour in Ica too while you are down there

4. Re: 3 days in Lima ( Friday , Sat , Sunday ) What can I do ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, October 22, 2014